may i have a review and advice on my store?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

it's been two months since I've gotten an order (1 in total...) I am in need of help I don't know if I am doing anything wrong or if the store doesn't look professional and my budget is really tight so any advice on free marketing? I feel really stuck and frustrated... because I'm trying really hard to build an actual brand any help would do, please.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi @Carlvens

Hyde here from Shopify. Welcome to the platform and congratulations!

You've done a great job, but there are some areas you could improve on to make the store the best possible version of itself and to establish your brand as the authority it deserves to be.

To build a brand you should look at having

- a strong, relevant name.
- a visual identity (logo, color scheme)
- a mission statement (what makes your brand different
- a target customer (who is your customer? What magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech?)

There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here. And some great examples of visual identities here.

All this information will help you craft your brand's message which is going to be a big help when it comes time to create your about page. This is an essential page on any e-commerce store. It helps customers understand who you are, what you care about, and why they should trust you.

Using your mission statement you can combine this with your visual identity to craft a page that appeals to your target customer. Check out some great examples of About pages here

- About Life is Good

27-05-45alc-o75kx

Life is Good show the backstory behind their brand, their history and lets their customers know who they are. Photos, captions, color. 

27-06-x8wyo-mweps

They also show their mission statement to be uplifting and positive whilst encouraging their customers to engage with them on social media using the hashtag thisisoptimism.

- About Johnny Cupcakes 

27-19-3v0rr-6qyp4

Johnny Cupcakes shows the roots of his brand and what drove him to create it. This personal story about seeing his parents struggle inspiring him to be an entrepreneur and his own struggle with learning difficulties speaks to his audience.

Another place having a brand identity and target customer comes in useful is on your product page. You can then offer a bullet point list of the reasons customers should buy, for example:

- Top Quality 100% Cotton Product
- Precise detailing, Bold Colours.
- Fast Delivery, 100% Secure Site!

And maybe finish by encouraging them to share their purchase

**You're going to get a lot of compliments - do us a favor and make sure you tell them where you got it!**

You can get really creative with your product descriptions.

There are even some templates you could use to speed up the process.

Perfect for ___________________________ (ideal situation),
these _______________ (product name)
can be/will _______________ (tell a quick story).
(Product name) ______________
are ______________ (top features)
to _______________ (product benefits).
No more _____________________ (pain and/or challenge).

Example:
Perfect for weekend getaways in the mountains, these Mighty Camper Cups will bring you and your friends or loved ones closer together around a campfire. Exactly what mountain trips were made for! Our Mighty Camper Cups are sturdy and built just for you with insulated fibers to ensure that your hot cocoa stays hot and your iced tea stays iced. No more crying over spilled milk!

You can also take the keywords here and add them to a spreadsheet so Brand, Baseball Cap, Men, Cotton, Casual, Sports, Golf, Hats, Snapback, etc as you add products you can see which of these come up most often and use them for your collections Meta Titles and descriptions also.

With your about page ready, your product titles, and descriptions on point, you’ll have experience writing and also know your target audience so you could start looking at creating content e.g. blog posts for your audience. Writing blog content around your business, your niche and also your products such as

- guides to using your products
- products that work well together
- your journey in starting this business
- commentary on a major topic within your niche
- interview with an influencer within your niche

*Creating good content gives your customers a reason to keep coming back to your site for more*.

There’s a great guide to building a blog for your business here.

If you want to dive deeper into Meta and SEO in general there are two great guides here -

And here are some businesses leveraging blogs successfully to promote their brand.

- Afends Magazine

- Clif Bars 

Here’s a guide to setting up your store's blog. You can use your content to help build your social media perhaps by using

- quotes from interviews on Twitter.
- graphics with product combos from your product guide on Pinterest.
- video interviews on Instagram or youtube.
- having your interviewee share the interview on their social profiles

To sum it up;

- Build a Brand Identity
- Use it to Build Content
- Promote that Content
- Use it to Attract New Customers and Re-Engage Existing ones.

I hope this all helps!

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Your store looks great. Do you have lots of traffic but no sales, don't you? Or do you have little traffic?

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- If you want to boost sale, try these: Actionable Insight Analytics | Web Push Notification | Promotion & Exit-Intent Pop-up - learn more
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I get little traffic in my store

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
175 26 108

Hi @Carlvens!

That’s a frustrating situation to be in - you do what you can to make your store look great, but the sales don’t pour in. Let’s see what we can do.

The first thing I notice is that you have a fairly unique product. This would be a great opportunity for you to shine with your expertise, such as through a video or advice. Instead of an unboxing, why not show it in action?

A “will this work for me?” guide would be particularly helpful for someone who is trying to figure out if it will work for their skin/hair color combination.

There’s also a huge missed opportunity here! Your banner with a 35% discount isn’t linked! If you used a click heatmap, you could see that people are clicking on the banner but not going anywhere. One of the merchants I’ve worked with saw a huge turn-around just by linking the promotion banner. 

Looking at your homepage, I see that your hero image is fairly tall. As a result, it pushes a lot of that information down. 

I would suggest watching some session recordings of how people use your homepage and use scroll heatmaps to see how far down the page people are scrolling. That’s going to help you see what information is being seen by your visitors and what’s being skipped.

For navigation, click heatmaps and session recordings are going to shed new light on your visitors. Where are they clicking? Or not clicking? Relook at your navigation bar to see how you can refocus it on what visitors want. Consider running a poll asking, “What stopped you from checking out today?” to find out what’s missing here.

You may find that a “how to” page would be helpful here. Your FAQs is a great start, but it’s also combined with your shipping and payment information. Test making two separate pages for these FAQs to see if it helps. 

Moving on to your product page, I see a few issues pop-up. The first is that the default “color” is nothing. When I get to the handset page, the color is set to “--.” Update that to show a color instead of nothing. Also, link to your shipping page! You have a simple shipping cost $5), so you need to get it to your visitors!

For your images, I again would show it in action. A how-to video would be incredibly useful! 

I didn’t even see the “For More Information” section! This would be great information to move to its own page.

Keep encouraging those reviews. I know you aren’t getting many sales as of yet, but they will come in soon. In your post-purchase confirmation emails, invite your customers to leave their reviews. 

This product page is really, really long though. It just kept going. Look at the heatmaps and session recording to clean it up and help condense it in a way that helps visitors make that decision to buy.

In the end, visitor behavior is going to give the insight you need right now to see why people aren’t buying. Are you targeting the wrong audience, or are you not giving them the information they need to make that buying decision? Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed).  

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -
Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
483 30 141

Hi @Carlvens !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why I advise to work in partnership with other companies that sell complementary products or services. 

2. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

3. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.

4. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Carlvens ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you. I hope they might help you.

• Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop 

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes