my Subscription store.

GSBOX
3 0 1

Hello,

I would like to get some feedback on my store www.gourmetseafoodbox.com ,we are a seafood subscription box and ship Nationwide,FREE delivery.

I am concern my conversion is not as good as it should be and would like to get an ideas of the reasons.

Thank you in advance any input is highly appreciated.

0 Likes

Hi, @GSBOX 

Welcome to Shopify! This is PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App. Your store has a lot of good points, such as the high-quality images, and the design aesthetic overall is really good. I also love that you outline clearly your shipping policy. For more information about how to sell food online, take a look at our in-depth guide here. Regarding your conversion rate issue, I also have some though:

The subscription box is a booming business model nowadays. However, when applying to your industry, the customers need to be educated about the benefits of this model, compared to the traditional one-off purchase. Therefore I suggest adding more details to the "How it works" section, and move it below the slideshow. Moreover, you should consider putting part of the content in the "benefit of subscribing" page on the homepage.

PageFly_0-1621393974249.png

Next, in this section on the homepage:

PageFly_1-1621394091424.png

There're 2 buttons having the same style. This is not ideal since it may cause confusion with the view. Moreover, you want the viewer to click on the "Subscribe" button, right? So it should be the most pronounced element in this section, not the "one-time purchase" button. You could style the "one-time purchase" button similar to the one that used in the first slideshow.

Now to the product page.

Your product image is mouth-watering, but it not what you sell. In reality, your store sells high-quality frozen seafood, not a pre-made, restaurant meal. So I suggest adding some simple fresh ingredients on the white background images, in addition to the current images. It will not be as appealing, I know, but it's what customers receive when they open your subscription box, which makes it much more authentic. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

PageFly.

For more information, you can consider subscribing to our channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies. We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick n Mortal Store Online.

0 Likes
ThaoLee
4 0 0

Hi @GSBOX 

I looked through your online store and would like to jot down some suggestions, based on my experiences.

Overall, I think your store looks well-designed, aesthetic and informative. I’m particularly impressed with your product images and your blog on recipes. 

However, I would like to add  some minor suggestions to firstly improve your store design and performance, and secondly to convert to real sales.

1. Fewer sections on Homepage: It’s better to include fewer sections on your homepage. An ideal homepage flow should be an announcement bar, navigation menu, hero banner with CTA, a collection grid, blog and testimonials. From my point of view, it’s better to remove product info on your homepage, that makes it much cleaner and neat and easier to navigate. 

ThaoLee_0-1621417045069.png

2. Add trustworthy signals to build trust with customers. If your trust signals are not trustworthy, your customers will visit your website without paying products.

ThaoLee_1-1621417117241.png

3. Marketing your product via Pinterest: I noticed that Facebook and Instagram are two social strategies that you focus on at the moment. However, you should also consider Pinterest as another ideal strategy. For brands in the food and beverage industry, Pinterest should be top priority. Any marketers regard Pinterest have a unique opportunity to offer lifestyle content that social media users don't find in any other channels.

ThaoLee_2-1621417153227.png

4. Set up email marketing strategy: E-mail marketing is one of the best strategies to get engagements to your online store. Let’s use your email newsletter as a tool to celebrate your success, discuss menu items or share any food special discounts.

5. Review your SEO strategies:  You could build rich content on your recipes on Google Search Results page. Best way to implement it is to use Shopify Apps to add recipe snippets to their recipe articles.

ThaoLee_3-1621417210643.png

ThaoLee_4-1621417218710.png

If you are looking for a Shopify Store Audit Service to optimize your store performance, we can have a talk. We are also offering one FREE store audit report each week, learn more about it here.

Best regards,

Thao Thu Le
Shopify Store Audit: https://happypoints.io/shopify-store-audit/
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3317 188 601

Hello @GSBOXThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and must say you worked hard to make it live. Here are some suggestions that you can implement in your store:

- Create a drop-down menu in the 'Products' menu of the header to make your store easy to navigate.

AiTrillion_0-1621497545609.png

- On the product page, add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process.

AiTrillion_1-1621497999052.png

Add these customer engagement tools in your store:

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

You should use marketing automation tools that will help in better customer engagement automation. You must set up proper email marketing campaigns, loyalty reward programs, web push notifications, or affiliate programs to increase engagement. To implement this you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

AiTrillion_2-1621498427767.png

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes