my chocolate store - feedback required

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello everyone

we have just launched our online chocolate store in Melbourne. would love to get some feedback on the store

www.darkandhandsome.com.au

Regards

Harish

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
210 38 137

Hey there, @harish2323!  

Congrats on your store! You’ve done a fantastic job at building a very professional-looking store and showcasing your chocolates.

I also see that you’ve installed Lucky Orange. That’s going to help you look at visitor behavior to better understand why your visitors aren’t converting and how they use your store. (I’m one of the founders of Lucky Orange) 

Note: I see that you’re fairly new to Lucky Orange. Though you have some data on clicks, scrolls and visitor recordings, it should be enough to get you started. But you’ll be sailing in a few days as more traffic pours in and clicks around. 

Homepage

• Link your announcement bar - it’s one thing that can make a huge difference in your conversions. When people click on it but it doesn’t go anywhere, you could be losing a sale. 
  • Hero image: The quality of your image is superb. I would trim it from the top and bottom so that it bits a bit better on the screen and doesn’t require as much scrolling, but that’s relatively minor. 
  • Run a scroll heatmap (available in heatmaps; if you click on the heatmap icon, you’ll be able to select scroll from the options). Where is your effective fold, which is where your average visitor left the page? What information are they missing? This may be an opportunity to group them differently, such as collections that let them shop by bundle or spice. Other aspects further down the page, like the “When chocolate meets spice” feature, may be able to be removed.
  • Run a poll to see what new flavors your visitors would be interested in purchasing

Footer

• Social media links: Make sure they open in a new tab rather than the same tab
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs mentioned
  • Shipping: How much is international shipping? You mention that you can ship to the US, but your shipping times only lists options for Australia and New Zealand.
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address
  • Newsletter: Give your audience a reason to sign up - do they get a discount on their purchase? Recipes that include your chocolate? 
  • Make sure your Contact page and Our story page is in the footer as well.

Main Navigation

• I like the simplicity of your main navigation, though I would move “Our story” to the footer unless you’re getting a lot of clicks on it. 
  • You may want to play around with expanding your Chocolate drop-downs until collections are featured on the main navigation; you should be able to see which ones are most popular with click heatmaps. I like to use precise interactions to nail down the most popular items.
  • Watch a few session recordings to see how people move across your store. How many people land on your homepage and move to a product page? Or do they come from a Facebook ad? 

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m on your Milk Chocolates collection. 

• Filters may be helpful here, especially if you build it out more with other options. It would be nice to sort by spices, ratings, price, bundles, etc. With six items, it’s not absolutely necessary, but it would be something for you to consider in the future.

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Coffee Connoisseur page.

• Link to the shipping information and reiterate free shipping. If someone didn’t see your announcement bar, you don’t want to miss that perk.
  • Really, the only other thing is to encourage those reviews. Make sure you include a review invitation in post purchase communications. If you have a brick and mortar store, invite reviews there as well. 

I’ll reiterate this fact - you’ve done a great job on your store. As traffic grows, you’re going to be able to turn to heatmaps, session recordings, chat, polls and more to really understand what’s stopped your visitors from converting. If you need any help, please don’t hesitate to let me know. 

Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
316 35 105

Hi @harish2323

To be honest, your store is so attractive. I love the products. 

However, I've seen some small problems and have some suggestions for you: 

- On the bundle product page, when I click on the second slider, it will show like this picture. Also, the third slider, you can see that. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1600918527180.png

ConveyLego0612_1-1600918734138.png

- About the bundle price, it would be great if you can compare tthis price to the price when people buy one by one. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1600918846586.png

- Now I only see two product photos on each product. You can try to show more images to show the product more intuitive. 

- I see you're building your Instagram account, right? So you can try to create an Instagram gallery on your Shopify store on your homepage to show the Instagram content. Also, some third-party apps can helps you make it shoppable. 

Check it out: Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you do that, and also free. 

- I dont see any discount events in your store? Did you tried one before? I think it will increase your sales faster. 

Here is my view and hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
573 12 158

Hi @harish2323 !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  7. I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  8. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  10. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. 

11. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
  12. For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 54 102

Hi @harish2323,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Congratulations on the launch! You've done a great job. The UX Design is simple, clear, aesthetically pleasing, and intuitive. The imagery is crisp and inviting.

My first bit of advice would be to really focus your attention on your About Us page:

20-09-wrxjo-c9kg6

This is the beating heart of your brand and you want to make sure it is as rich, and colorful, and engaging as can be. Here are some great examples:

Use the values and vision you set out in this heart to then pump relevant content out through a blog (here's how to make one).

Here's a guide on how to create a really successful blog, and here are some businesses leveraging blogs successfully to promote their brand:

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes