my website doesn' appear on google search

shardanaltd
1 0 0

hello everyone,

i have an online store of online food products but my website is not on google,only if you search for the exactly name of the url.

i have bought a demain with shopify, but i don't know why it doesn,t appear in google research.

0 Likes

Dear shardanaltd,

Apart from url and domain name(if it is not keyword) , you need to do seo to see your website in google.

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1013 116 158

Hi, @shardanaltd

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community.

As MS-WEB-DESIGNER mentioned, you need to work on your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in order for your website to appear in Google when customers search for it, or the keywords associated with your business. Once you’ve started working on your SEO,  it can take up to a few weeks or months to properly establish your search results ranking, therefore, it’s best to get started on it sooner rather than later.

The very first thing you need to do in order for Google to even know that your website exists, is to submit the sitemap for the URL that you have set as the primary domain in the Domains section of your Admin. For the steps on how to find, verify and submit your sitemap, please refer to the Help Doc for Finding and submitting your sitemap

Next, you can begin adding keywords to your store. Keywords appear in search results that people enter in search engines, therefore those words need to be on your store in order for Google to find and suggest your site to the searcher. There are four main places that you can add keywords to improve the SEO for your online store:

• page titles
  • meta descriptions
  • ALT tags
  • a page’s body content

Keywords within each of these areas can be composed and edited from directly within your Shopify admin. Please see the Help Doc on Adding keywords for SEO to your Shopify store for where to find them and some tips on how to optimize. Additionally, Optimizing your site structure also has some great info to help with this.

Lastly, there are also a number of apps in the Shopify App Store that can help you optimize the SEO for your online store as well.  Check these out here.

This should be a good start to putting you on the right path to optimizing your site. I understand it can be confusing and overwhelming at first, so if you would like assistance or professional help with it, I recommend reaching out to an Expert from the Shopify Experts Marketplace.

Good luck!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Because google doesn't index your site yet. How to solve it? easy. 2 ways:

1. submit the sitemap to Google search console as Shopify staff mentioned

2. build more backlinks, e.g from youtube page, from facebook page, or other websites. It can help google to find you easier

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
0 Likes
Felix2021
2 0 0

Hi Helen,

I have the same issue. I have submitted sitemap and done seo keywords. However, my website still not appear in google even when I type in exactly the same of my store name, only the facebook one (I have a Facebook group) appear.

Previously I can find my website ok. However, after I change the about us (and description in seo setting) the web store suddenly disappear.

I have to type exactly the www web address in google in order to open the store.

Felix

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
762 94 246

Hey @shardanaltd,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

You can do a few things:

1. Work on your product SEO
2. Submit your site-map to Google
3. "Poke" Google to re-crawl your website when you've made any changes to your products.

We show you how to do all of these things in this video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1013 116 158

Hey, @Felix2021. That’s great to hear you’ve been working on your SEO! It’s such an effective way to drive traffic to your store.  

How long ago did you make the change to your About Us page? It can take weeks or months for Google to recrawl your website, so that could be what is happening for you. You can make a request for Google to re-crawl your page(s) though, so I suggest starting there.  

I also found some documents in Google’s Help Center here that explains in more depth how Google search works, along with some tips on how to improve your ranking; I recommend reading through them!

If you'd like to learn more about SEO, there are also additional resources to do so here. But, if you are still struggling to get your site to rank, remember you always have the Experts Marketplace accessible to you. There are SEO professionals available to hire in there that will surely be able to further assist you with this.

All the best!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes