my website doesn' appear on google search

Highlighted
1 0 0

hello everyone,

i have an online store of online food products but my website is not on google,only if you search for the exactly name of the url.

i have bought a demain with shopify, but i don't know why it doesn,t appear in google research.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1770 111 321

Dear shardanaltd,

Apart from url and domain name(if it is not keyword) , you need to do seo to see your website in google.

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
550 60 90

Hi, @shardanaltd

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community.

As MS-WEB-DESIGNER mentioned, you need to work on your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in order for your website to appear in Google when customers search for it, or the keywords associated with your business. Once you’ve started working on your SEO,  it can take up to a few weeks or months to properly establish your search results ranking, therefore, it’s best to get started on it sooner rather than later.

The very first thing you need to do in order for Google to even know that your website exists, is to submit the sitemap for the URL that you have set as the primary domain in the Domains section of your Admin. For the steps on how to find, verify and submit your sitemap, please refer to the Help Doc for Finding and submitting your sitemap

Next, you can begin adding keywords to your store. Keywords appear in search results that people enter in search engines, therefore those words need to be on your store in order for Google to find and suggest your site to the searcher. There are four main places that you can add keywords to improve the SEO for your online store:

• page titles
  • meta descriptions
  • ALT tags
  • a page’s body content

Keywords within each of these areas can be composed and edited from directly within your Shopify admin. Please see the Help Doc on Adding keywords for SEO to your Shopify store for where to find them and some tips on how to optimize. Additionally, Optimizing your site structure also has some great info to help with this.

Lastly, there are also a number of apps in the Shopify App Store that can help you optimize the SEO for your online store as well.  Check these out here.

This should be a good start to putting you on the right path to optimizing your site. I understand it can be confusing and overwhelming at first, so if you would like assistance or professional help with it, I recommend reaching out to an Expert from the Shopify Experts Marketplace.

Good luck!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Because google doesn't index your site yet. How to solve it? easy. 2 ways:

1. submit the sitemap to Google search console as Shopify staff mentioned

2. build more backlinks, e.g from youtube page, from facebook page, or other websites. It can help google to find you easier

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
0 Likes