new to Shopify

Lavaridou
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello ! I am almost ready to launch my clothing business but I have a question regarding the payment method which is set as Shopify by default and says that there is a transaction fee 1,6 % + 0,20 . does this mean that I will get charged everytime a customer buys a product?

I am grateful in advance for your response !

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 93 139

Hi, @Lavaridou

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Congratulations on getting close to your launch date; How exciting!

The fees that you are referring to are what the credit card companies charge to process a payment. Yes, they do apply to each order that you receive and the fee is deducted from the order total prior to your payout.

For example, if you a customer made a purchase for $100, the math would breakdown as follows:

Order total = $100.00

Credit card fee (1.6% + $0.20) = ($1.60 + $0.20) = $1.80

Payout = $98.20

I hope that makes sense?! Let me know if you need any further clarification on this.

I hope all goes well with your launch! I recommend taking a look at this store set up checklist before then. I’ve always found it really helpful in double checking that everything is ready to go. 

I also suggest reading through this article on How to get your first sale in 30 days, for some ideas to help strategize a marketing plan.

Good luck!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lavaridou
Tourist
4 0 1

thank you