no sales yet

Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi Shopify world!

I recently opened my online store for baby products about a week ago.

www.babysoneworld.com

So far I've run a few ads on Google and Facebook.

Also, joined some Facebook groups relevant to my niche and industry.

I'm seeing traffic into the store but no sales yet.

Can you give me some feedback on how to get my first sale. Anything I should change in the design or other aspect of the store?

I'm incredibly determined to get some sales. I built this store myself from the ground up and would love to see it succeed.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

2 Likes
Highlighted

Hey, 

Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.

In fact, I quite like your website. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. However the biggest thing I can see right now is that something about your website screams dropshipper.

I've looked a lot of different sites and when you see a drop shipper you recognize it right away and do a lot of customers. When you have something that looks like a dropshipper, I would always consider looking for that product first on amazon as it's probably cheaper and faster delivery.

Try and make your site less like a drop shipping store. For example: https://www.activebaby.ca/ . Perhaps copy some design elements especially around product images, banners, reviews, and product descriptions.

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives, not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:

• taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on the site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics and areas that could cause issues
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day, you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.

Cheers,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
311 12 13

Hi @babysoneworld 

I hope you're doing great!

I would be happy to solve your problems, Please give me a suitable time to discuss about your issues.

Also, add me over Skype id- live:jennifer.wcoast or Drop me an Email- sales@wreximinfotech.com

I look forward to your response!

Stay Well

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi, 

Just a simple feedback here. I was looking at this product: https://babysoneworld.com/products/electric-baby-nail-trimmer-baby-scissors 

The image is pixelated, and the two images provided are identical. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
96 6 24

Hi @babysoneworld 

Welcome to the Shopify community.

It's a great news that you are driving traffic! Once you manage to drive a sufficient amount of traffic you should consider using retargeting campaign to efficiently boost up sales. Retargeting campaigns allow you to re-engage and remind customer of your brand after leaving your website and offer product and product informations they viewed with different kinds of attractive ad creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. AkoRetargetingisa cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. Take a look at how you can set up a 14 days campaign in less than 15 minutes here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257b5. 

Furthermore, I'd like to say your website design looks good! However, I think you should work on your marketing strategy. For instance, I think you are putting too many products on sale and also, without any specific note why it is on discount, instead of attracting the customers to buy it might end up creating a negative impression on your brand. Moreover, work with micro-influencers who constantly post on their social media pages, this is a great way to create more brand exposure and drive traffic. Lastly, another suggestion that I'd give with be adding a blog page. The blog could include a variety of content, from "10 essentials to bring with you when you travel with your baby", "2020 Baby Fashion Trends', etc, this is a great way to enhance on your SEO and drive even more organic traffic to your site. 

I really hope some of these suggestions could help you boost sales. All the best and stay safe!

Irene:) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
413 1 108

Hi @babysoneworld !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. Your google page speed score is only 37  and mobile 14. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. 

Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

6. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  8. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
  10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  12. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
  13. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  14. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
71 4 22

Hi @babysoneworld 

Your store looks fine and target niche is good as well. Baby products must have a lot of potentials. I think it all goes down the way we present it. First of all kudos for building up a terrific store. You really put some hard work in there. I take a look at your Facebook page and I would suggest trying doing some video content as video content has a tendency to go viral and it catch eye-balls. Go for video views ad and then retarget that audience for conversion. At a time you can just focus on Facebook ads only and you can pause Google ads for now. Running ads on both platforms simultaneously would be quite expensive I guess.

If you are able to get visitors at your store at the moment so for the short-term sales I would recommend integrating any cart recovery app so that you can judge the number of visitors leaving your cart and you can then send them reminders and push notifications.  I would suggest you can check out CareCart apps for some cost-effective solutions. That will help you in improving your sales and I think your sales graph will go up instantly.

In the long run, keep sharing good content on your Facebook and Instagram page. It should not be about products sales every time rather than tips for handling babies, about their health care etc. Be Part of our Family! is a good slogan. I won't mind adding such sort of tagline at your banner to make some connection.

Also, here are some brand tagline options for you. 

Let's make kids smile!
Happy Kids, Happy Home!  
Put your kids comfort first
Prioritize your child’s comfort

You can tweak them or have a new one but make a tagline for your brand and all your content should reflect that tagline.

One-stop solution for conversion: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey there @babysoneworld ! Awesome to see your hard work out there! Don't worry .. not getting sales is a part of your journey in eCommerce. We'll make sure that you hit some sales before this year comes to an end. As a 3rd person, here's what I'd like to suggest - 

1. These images are quite big! You need to reduce the size of these images. The image size of FB Covers would do good. This will definitely make your store look clean and with a few scrolls, customers will get a good glimpse of your store. 

products.jpg

2. You've added favicon and that's great. But it's just not visible. Maybe a white version would do? 

3. You're underutilizing these spaces! Over here, you can easily talk about pain points, and come up with great copywriting for your online store! These one-liners are too mainstream. To be able to get into the psyche of online shoppers, you need to tickle that part .. and text areas like these help you to get there (with great copywritng) ! 

grammarly.jpg

4. Your product pages look just fine! You need to rename your product variants. Right now, variant names don't look professional. 

118258351_10218313418970807_79228533817326687_o.jpg

5. You need to rework your header menu. You can shift down Contact Us, FAQs, Track Order to the footer menu. and You can make collections of your products, or include a menu featuring all the bestselling products! 

118258351_10218313418970807_79228533817326687_o11.jpg

Coming back to getting no sales, I'd like to ask what's your selling strategy? If you're able to get traffic through ads but you're not able to convert them, then you can stop running the ads for now and concentrate on the organic ways of gathering traffic. Why don't you be an active member on social media and promote your online store there? Next, you could get on marketplaces like Walmart, Etsy, Frugoo and expose your store to a wider range of customers! 

Also, what are you doing to treat abandoned carts? 

These are small-small checkpoints that you need to do! Let me know if we can be of any help to you! 

Let me know if we can be of any help to you! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations! 

We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning our sales/marketing/social media strategy! 

As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey ! It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce ecosystem! 

Ps. I'm just a message away!

Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
330 13 66

Hi @babysoneworld welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share:

In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi there! Congratulations on opening the new store.

Looks like you are targeting international customers. It's great you have provided multiple-currency selectors and auto display local currency to your visitors. You may further deliver geo-targeting content to better engage with visitors. For example, you may alter your shopping policy at the announcement bar to be location-specific, instead of "free shipment on all US orders" by default, it can be adjusted based on visitors' locations, like "Shipping policy for XX(visitors' country) orders". It brings relevant and targeted information to visitors and supports purchase decisions. Additionally, you can further deliver location-specific greetings, promotions to visitors from particular markets through pop-ups, messages etc. It brings local to visitors immediately and build trust with customers, boosting conversion rate. More on geo targeting practices, you may read the post: https://geotargetly.com/blog/benefits-of-using-geolocation-ip-in-e-commerce

IP geolocation services, for example, Geo Targetly can help you achieve this. It provides a set of tools can easily set up location-specific features on your webpages, like Geo Content, Geo Bar, Geo Pop-ups etc. It supports Shopify platform and requires only one-time integration.

0 Likes