oldoxaz.com went live recently. looking for feedback

Solved
4 0 0

I am new to building a website and on-line shopping. I'd appreciate a review of my site.... oldoxaz.com. Feeback is appreciated. I'm not thin skinned (most ox are not :-)  ) so candid info is great.

I don't have a facebook link posted at the bottom yet....I know it can be done....just can't remember where to find the info.

my facebook page link    should be facebook.com/oldox/

thank you in advance

0 Likes

Success.

Hi @1oldox 

Few Suggestions 

Home Page: I would make this flow better. Also your slideshow images are different sizes. Personally I'd pick the best image and go with that. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( Something Interesting ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) 

Footer Menu: You should add a few things here 

• Privacy Policy 
  • Terms Of Service 
  • Shipping Policy 
  • About 
  • FAQ's 
  • Size Chart 

Overall good job. I love your logo and the slideshow image with everyone wearing your shirts smiling. I'll also email you something that should really help you out. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's featuring tons of product and nor a lot else

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

5. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

6. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
Trailblazer
375 23 92

Hi  ,

Congratulations for the new store .Your store looks good and has a nice tempo throughout. I can confront you to some of basic things because you are missing on it to get going you can change ,  if you like as it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly . Also it will build additional level of trust with the customer and drive you a lot better sales.

1. I would say , add a favicon on the website ref this article from shopify here, it’s simple and will help strengthen your brand.
  2. Please consider removing 1st image of the banner as it is slightly short than other. You can consider that image down the page. Also make your banner full  width as it will cover empty spaces.
  3. Even add some interesting things as your homepage is quite monotonus like some testimonials or some instagram images which will take you to your account.
  4. Don't you think it would be better to give your product a name rather than a particular year.
  5. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.

6. Also you have consider adding some social links which is good . Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  7. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisement from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.

8. You have around 500 prouducts ,it can sometimes make it hard to find the right product with the type of theme you have so I would suggest you A smart search . The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it is  emptyhttps://oldoxaz.com/search?type=product&q= . Improving your search, experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors.

9. Try using Sparq which allows advanced filters, typo tolerance and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.They offer a free App under 100 products .You Should look for that APP , it is user friendly and easy to use .Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
4 0 0

thank you for the details. This helps me a lot. 

When it came to "models" showing the product or plain shirt. I went with the plain shirt as it seemed to portray the design more clearly. I may need to rethink this.

I think I'll move some of the carousel images to the facebook page.

appreciate the advice

0 Likes
Trailblazer
375 23 92

@1oldox wrote:

thank you for the details. This helps me a lot. 

When it came to "models" showing the product or plain shirt. I went with the plain shirt as it seemed to portray the design more clearly. I may need to rethink this.

I think I'll move some of the carousel images to the facebook page.

appreciate the advice

Thankyou for your kind words . Happy to help you.

Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Excursionist
165 7 23

Hi @1oldox 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

Did you think about adding a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

You might consider adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
4 0 0
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the advice.

I'll be making some other changes as well,

1oldox
0 Likes