partial 3PL?

feefyefoefoot
2 0 0

We are looking to utilize 3PL, but only for some of our inventory and only when the ship-to destination meets certain critieria (e.g. West Coast).  The remainder of our shipping (e.g. non west-coast) would be done in-house even if it is the same products handled by the 3PL.  Did anyone else ever deal with this same issue?  How would a rule be devised to funnel the orders for one warehouse or the other? (because all the orders are going to come from the same store) Would an app handle this (which?)? App recommendations?  Big problem we are dealing with is that every other 3PL wants all our business and will not just take part of it.

0 Likes
MarkG143
38 0 0

Yea I have run into this issue. I'm currently using a 3pl that is managing my orders. I have my most popular products with them and they ship them out on my behalf. If there is an order that they don't have the inventory for they split the order into 2 and fulfill the inventory I keep with them. They are quite flexible in general. They are called librexpress.com if you want to check them out

0 Likes
OmniGrowth
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi, could you please let me know what geography you need the 3PL to be in (eg: west coast US or west coast AU) as I may have a solution for you? Regards, Andrew
0 Likes
nmalinow
Excursionist
45 1 1

Try OTW Shipping! They are a new FC in Utah with the flexibility to help you solve this problem.

0 Likes