pay

Stasy
1 0 0

Hello, tell me how can I make a bonus product that customers can receive free of charge for a subscription, but at the same time paying the cost of delivery?

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 54

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

That's a great question. I would suggest creating a Buy X Get Y discount code to accomplish this. You can set specific requirements for this discount code to include x amount must be spent to get x item for free. There are plenty of variations you can consider to include the free product within the discount code.

With this strategy, the customer must add the free product to their cart. This will ensure that the product will be included in the cost calculation for shipping. Currently, what is your shipping strategy? You can consider two options:

• Weight based flat rate: Setting a flat rate based on the total weight of the order will include the weight of all the products regardless if one of the items is free. In this strategy, the rate will always be the pre-determined flat amount.
  • Calculated shipping rate: Otherwise, you can consider a calculated rate that will be custom based on the unique details of the products in the cart. The rate is calculated based on the total weight of the order including free products. The calculated rates are determined by a third party shipping carrier. Depending on where you are located, you can use Shopify Shipping (USA and Canada) or Carrier Calculated Shipping while using the Shopify Plan or an annual billing cycle.

* Note that for both these options to work for the free product, you must set a weight for the free product so that it is calculated in the total order *

If the latter option is something you are interested in, please let me know where you are located and your store URL so I may look into this for you.

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes