please give me feedback on my store bettergifting.com

Highlighted
1 0 1

I made bettergifting.com to let people invite someone they want to buy a gift from to make a wish list and then buy something from that wish list. The buyer can specify a price range that the receiver doesn't see nor will they see the prices on the items. I just picked the few inventory items that would be in price ranges for gifts, and that had lots of stars and lots of orders filled.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
87 3 16

Hi @areil ,

Nice idea for a service. However the site doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. 

- The home page imagery seems stock (you want your own illustrations or images). 

- I'd talk more about the product catalog. How extensive is it? What verticals of product do you offer? Remember - you will be competing with sites like Amazon for eyeballs. 

- Having an FAQ page would be very helpful since I'm sure people will have a lot of questions about the process.

- The product images need to be higher quality and consistent (same aesthetic / background). It looks like they have been copied from other sites. The key with product pages is inspiring confidence in the buyer. 

- Live chat functionality allows helps buyer confidence. 

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1710 26 185

Hello,

I just had look into your website. It's lookkig great.

There are a few places on your page where you can put a connection straightforwardly back to your site, including the “about you” and “suggestion to take action” tabs. You can likewise incorporate your connection in the majority of your posts on the off chance that you need. It's simple. At whatever point you post something about your items or administrations, simply add your web deliver to the finish of your inscription. This will urge your devotees to look at your website page, which will prompt more deals, which, thusly, will enable your business to develop.
You can add your store policies like refund and privacy in the footer part or header part of your store under home page, having a well-thought-out return policy clearly displayed in your store is key to attracting and keeping your customers. Simply You should give confidence to your customers.
You don't have minimum description of the items? It's not good-looking on product page. You can add the product description. It helps you to increasing of visitors on your store.
I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
You can post your items regularly on Facebook page of your store and Instagram too, It is a good method to get more activity to your site.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
49 3 16

Hi @areil,

Your store idea is very interesting, I love it.

It looks like your store is still under development. There are no products in the Home Page and the banner looks a bit weird due to the double banner idea. Please make it professional, you can check any professional gift store as a reference and do the necessary integrations.

A store like yours definitely needs a product recommendation feature. It helps your customer to engage more on the product page and increase sales and conversions. Instead of using any ordinary recommending feature, you can go for something backed with AI, there are plenty of widgets available in the Shopify app store. "Upsell with AI recommendations" is such a great app you can try. It has an additional feature for product upselling to ensure minimum order value on each purchase. Link: https://apps.shopify.com/recommend-similar-looking-products

Cheers :)

Technology Consultant, Turing Analytics
shyam@turingiq.com
0 Likes
Astronaut
788 49 176

Hi 

Your store looks nice and the products are different.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. Get yourself a good logo designed. This will add brand value to your store.
  2. You can add favicon on the website, it’s simple and add uniqueness to the site as well.
  3. Home page looks monotonus as you have only banners,try adding some featured products or some cool stuffs.
  4. You can add social media links, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram on the site header or footer. 
  5. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  6. Taking someone to the cart is a challenge.So to make them buy from your site, add a longer product description as it leads to better SEO ranking in google search.  Ref article from shopify
  7. You should add terms and condition, refund, shipping and privacy policy page, it’s good for SEO purpose.
  8. Further to increase your average order value you can add another section of Frequently bought products/Clicked products on your product page.
  9. The default search landing pagehttps://bettergifting.com/search?q=  is bit off, I mean it's irrelevant. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  10. Lastly, You have over 65 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes