please review my store any feed back would be lovley

Highlighted
10 0 0

hello     my site is    salvecollection.net    any ideas what i could do      i feel like my products suck and its all over the map??

i need help to tighten this all up

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
466 51 97

Hi @salve23414,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

It's interesting that you said you feel like "its all over the map". That's really good intuition to have because it provides you with an obvious starting point: defining your brand's purpose.

There's a fantastic book called "Zag" by Marty Neumeier, that I cannot recommend highly enough. I'd strongly advise you to read it.

In it, he outlines great methods of whittling down your brand's purpose. I'm going to borrow from this book to give you an idea of where you might start:

1. A brand is not your logo, or your website, or your content. It is your reputation with your clients. It is what your customers think of you. It's the passion they associate with you.

Therefore the first idea with a new brand is to reverse engineer this, by trying to determine what it is exactly that you want your customers to think and feel about your brand. The passion for your underlying brand.  So I'd like you to outline a faux "obituary".

Marty uses a pretend new wine bar as an example, and I've attached a document below called "Obituary" that you can work off of.

20-06-8u6jw-mx4af

2. You now need to whittle this down to a core purpose. This is the fundamental reason your brand will exist beyond making money.

Google's stated purpose is to "organize information and make it accessible to everyone". Disney is looking to "make everyone happy".  The fake wine bar purpose might be: To bring people together through wine education.

That's 7 words. Try to get your purpose down to less than 12 words, and we've got your core passion.

3. What's your vision?

Our example wine bar's vision might be a bar (or bars) that has a hundred wines from around the world, all available by the glass, in a constantly changing menu. They see happy groups of people learning about wine, talking about wine, and swapping stories about food, travel, and cultures they've experienced.

What community do you see your new brand forming? What contribution is it making to the world?

4. You need to now develop that element that really distinguishes you from your competitors.

Right now, because of the broadness of your mission statement, it sounds like you're competing with larger marketplaces like Amazon or eBay, which is a losing battle:
20-06-p8kzb-wt022

So please complete this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.

Here are some examples:

HARLEY DAVIDSON:

What: The ONLY motorcycle manufacturer
How: that makes big loud motorcycles
Who: for macho guys (and macho wannabees)
When: mostly in the United States
Where: in an era of decreasing personal freedom

OUR PRETEND WINE BAR

What: The ONLY chain of wine bars
How: That builds community around education
Who: for men and women of drinking age
Where: in cities and progressive towns
Why: who want to learn more about wine
When: in an era of cultural awakening.

You see you can change the order of the essentials, but the point is to refine your audience, the reason they might engage with you, and the context they're operating in.

I think this is a great starting point, and if you're unsure of who your customer is, there's a great guide to creating customer personas here

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there 

Hope you're doing well. 

I want to tell you that your products definitely do not suck. There are ways that you can improve your website layout a little and make it a little less complicated to navigate through the website and the products. You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise and with a few tweaks and turns, you'll be able to achieve your destination in no time. 

I have a few recommendations, I hope they will be of help to you. 

1. I think you should move the customer review to the product on the product page and not on the homepage. I see that you already have the customer review section on your product single page, so you do not need it at both the places. 

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Write beautiful copy like you would see in a magazine that is trying to sell you a product.

3. Show the various collections you have on your store on the homepage so that it is easier for the viewer to navigate through your website and reach the product listing page right away. 

4. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top

5. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.

6. Connect yourself all through social media like Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter - these are the gems of e-commerce store advertising and these need to be on your store footer. 

7. You must use live chat. There’s no way around it. If people have questions, they need it answered while they are still on your site. You can set up auto invites to trigger when certain criteria is met.

8. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product. You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below. 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful. 

Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you. 

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes