seeking feedback on store before reworking site and advertising

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello!

We're about to make improvements to our nearly 4-year-old website, www.goodlinens.com. Our product isn't something most consumers necessarily go looking for: 100% linen towels.  We'd appreciate any and all feedback on the current site, particularly what might sway you, as a potential consumer, to make a purchase. 

Many thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1175 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

I absolutely love your brand name - very appealing. 

While the logo is really fantastic, I’d recommend resizing it to reduce the size of the header area. At the moment, the logo makes the header takes almost half of the screen, pushing the rest of the content down the pages and out of sight:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 07.58.28.png

The ‘above the fold’ area [visible on the screen without scrolling down] is the most crucial for the conversion rate. The best converting websites display all the key info above the fold, to reduce the need for people to do any scrolling on the page and complete the checkout with as little fuss as possible. Aim to reduce the header area - and logo size - to display as much website content as possible above the fold.

Consider optimizing your sliding images further - add a short tagline [3-4 words] describing the product in the picture in more detail - this way the visitors will know right away what the product is. Also add a CTA [call to action] button to each image, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 08.02.22.png

This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].

Featured collection has three products looking almost the same:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 08.04.50.png

It can feel "boring" - consider adding more varied products here, or photograph the same items from different angles [mixture of shots] to create more diversity. 

Social media icons - make sure to open the icons in new tabs, so you don’t lose the valuable traffic. Please see how to do it in this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser

Consider adding more trust signals, such as: Shipping policy and Returns policy. This alone can help you improve your conversion rate - people like to have this info clearly displayed and accessible on the website, before committing to buy.

Shipping policy - consider adding this page. This is a crucial policy for potential buyers, and a very important trust signal. 

The more information you add to your Shipping policy, the better. People will feel more confident buying from you. As your shipping policy is very vague at the moment it doesn’t answer basic questions people have before placing an order:

• Do you ship within one country [i.e. the USA] or worldwide
  • How much is the shipping to the USA, Europe, Asia etc.
  • Do you track orders 
  • Do you deliver to work address
  • Do you send regular updates as to order being despatched
  • Do you ship to all locations, i.e. military base, P.O. box, rural areas, developing countries etc. 

Covering these areas will help you build trust and authority as a professional business and assure your visitors to placing an order with you. Any confusion can definitely kill sales - people rather shop somewhere else if they don’t have the info provided, then take a risk placing an order. Make sure to add more info here. Please find below a guide on how to create excellent shipping policy: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/sample-shipping-policy-template/

Returns policy - consider adding this page as well with instructions on how to contact you with a refund request and obtain the return address. Specify if you accept any item to be returned or if there are exceptions [opened, used product] - make sure to specify which items are exempt from refund/returns if that’s the case. Otherwise people might assume they can return any item, when in fact you have exceptions - if that happens some shoppers might be feeling misled which will end up in chargebacks and negative feedback, which can seriously affect your business. Be as straightforward and detailed with your policies as possible to cover yourself and give your shoppers peace of mind when buying from you.

Your SEO score is 50/100

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 27 100

Hello @jochi,

I've taken a look at your store. Nice collection! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

2. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

3. Add address or email in Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

5. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add the below links horizontally instead of adding vertically. 

Add pages like Contact Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc to the footer.

6. Instead of adding the product section/category links (Example: HOME / COLLECTIONS / KITCHEN TOWELS / DIAMOND WEAVE LINEN DISH TOWEL)

below the product page, add it at the beginning of the product page (above the product image)

7. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products. 

8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

9. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.

10. Add search feature that allows visitors to search the site for what they may be interested in finding

11. Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

12. Add sorting feature in collection pages for changing the order of any product listing whereby users can choose which criteria they want the products to be listed by.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 81 results indexed by Google. But your website has 110+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @jochi 

Your store is impressive, I really like your aesthetics and clean layout!

I have only few comments:

HOMEPAGE

- Though your brand name and the navigation tell visitors about your niche, it's better if you can clearly tell them what store is about in the hero banner because it's the place that attracts most attention when I land on your page.

- Feature different types of your products: They almost the same and don't seem to be very attractive. As you have different patterns for your towels, it's great if you include here

100% Linen Towels For Your Home, Kitchen and Bath. 2020-04-24 15-10-57.png

COLLECTION PAGE

- Consider adding secondary hover image: you can add image that show textures or towel on model, it creates more chances to impress visitors and persuade them to click on the product.

PRODUCT PAGE

- Adding return & shipping policy: I believe that many people looking for it in a product page before making purchase decision. You can add link to your page of return & shopping policy or provide a short and easy-to-read version on this page.

I must say your store is still looking amazing, and hope those ideas can be somehow helpful :)

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @jochi 

Your site looks exactly how I would imagine a store that sells natural linen sheets and towels. 

I think there are not a lot of people that intentionally search for linen things, however, if presented correctly, you can turn every person into a linen lover, since it is truly a great product. For that, I recommend creating a section on the homepage that will say why linen is good and worth the money it costs. 

Another thing I suggest is replacing your basic insta gallery into the one that does not redirect a person to Instagram itself. We all know how distracting SM is, so if a person clicks on that insta gallery, he/she will never be back :) 

Looking at the products, I want to send them to my family and friends as a gift. It is something that will go as a great present for anyone for any celebration. Just think of it, is there a person who would not like a high-quality cute towel? Therefore, I recommend adding a function of packing the products into eco-friendly cute boxes or bags. There are some apps that do that I think :) 

Run a referral campaign. The items on your site is something that everyone will potentially like, so by giving your customers an opportunity to share items from your store and get discounts for that will work great for driving more relevant traffic and also to build a loyal customer base. 

Launch a Reward program. You can reward your members for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  GrowaveWe have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes