store feedback

Nikitas119
1 0 0

greeting.. just started dropshipping 10 days ago and I would appreciate a store feedback 

https://royalpetscorner.com/ 

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 135 325

Hey @Nikitas119,

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

screencapture-royalpetscorner-2021-05-13-13_52_12.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

COLOR
The blue is a good color, I feel as far as different shades and everything coming together cohesively, there is room for improvement. I would type "blue color palette" into Google to find a blue color palette that works for your store.

A few tips when choosing:

When you are choosing colors, fonts, the overall look and feel of your website, you have to put personal preference aside and instead design your website around what would appeal to your target audience.

If you want to add pops of color, it's best to do it on things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. When you start changing background colors and font colors, it quickly becomes too much and starts taking away from where the focus should be - on your products.

PRODUCTS
This is something we see very commonly on the forums. People tend to start shops selling things like pet supplies, clothing, tech and etc. The problem with this is that these types of items can already be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores (ie. Petco, Petcetera, Walmart, Target etc.) as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a dog bed or a leash in Google, these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. 

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. What we recommend is selling winning products. A winning product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend 3x what it costs you for the product.

We did a video that explains how and where to find winning products that you can watch here:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try (one of the methods we recommend for finding winning products), here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We regularly post a selection of winning products on our YouTube channel, here is our latest one:

If you’d like to see more, consider subscribing.

SHIPPING
When filling out the shipping information it appears to be worldwide, however, when you click to go to payment I see this error (I entered in Canada):

shipping-error.png

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your Instagram page. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Instagram.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 214 662

Hello @Nikitas119, Please check the URL you have shared. The site can't be reached. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes