store feedback

Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 6
Hi All, I've had my store live for almost a month, I know this is not long but I'd rather fix anything that is wrong now rather than suffer later. I'm getting some traffic but no one buying yet. my store is www.chameleoneclipseltd.com. I'm trying to workout how to add "Free Shipping" onto the product pages but I can't figure out how or find a video how to do this in this version. I'm also trying to remove drop down menus for variants (I only want 1 of the variants not multiple) and can't figure this out either. I'm also trying to get a SSL certificate but i'm being asked for a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) & I have no idea where to get this. Currently it means i'm not showing on google search at all! Help please! Thanks in advance, Mel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Hello there

Ive had a look at your store.  

The products are fine.  As far as i could see the trouble is the store lacks substance.  You need to flesh it out with blog news, more pages on the products, a more professional look.

It might also help if you offered some start off discounts or promotional offers to get visitors more interested in purchasing.

Trust that helps.  Im no expert.  I do 100% real heavyweight thick silk scarves myself as gifts or for own use, so if you want to return the favour and check out my shop I'd be grateful as noone has replied to my request for feedback yet !!! except a personal favour from another friendly shop owner  :-) 

My name is Joy, it may wear out,  but my scarves won't :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 6

Hi Joy, 

Cheers, I do need to get better product photos for some & redo my descriptions. I've got samples arriving to be able to do so. 

I need a tag line to go with the logo too, there not correlation between the name & what I sell atm. 

Blog I think could help at least bring reading traffic in and give it a "live" feel. 

Discounts ain't helping atm tbh, I've ran a few, could be my target audience though. 

This is my first store & i'm not from sales or marketing background neither but i'll learn. 

Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Mel

You could add FREE SHIPPING in words at the end or at the start of your product pages by editing the pages via Settings in your shopify admin.

For eliminating drop down menu on variants i dont know if there is another way, but if i were you I'd duplicate the product advert/page in shopify admin, umder products, edit the variant section so there isnt any, add your photos and delete the old product as you now have the copy you want.

Lol

Joy Scarf

PS  if you want a present for your wife for christmas theres a £5 off voucher on code NEWSHOP.  On the Lisa scarf it equals 30% off and no delivery fee.  Theres no woman who wouldn't like a scarf whether for christmas or not, and its an original (and beautiful) present.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @Chameleoeclipse 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

Did you think about adding a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

Also I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 6

Hi FFT_SMART, 

"Did you think about adding a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert."

I have this, but building blog posts and need to put it more prominently on the page. Currently it's at the bottom. 

"After looking I couldn't find a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown ." 

I really wish Shopify would stop saying this to UK retailers, we have Trading standards laws, If you are caught prompting customers with scarcity timers and items always on sale, you can land yourself with a big hefty unlimited fine!!  In particular the issues below. 

Advertising:

• advertising special offers just to bring in customers when you do not really expect to be able to supply the products (so-called bait advertising).
  • pretending that an offer is only available for a very limited time to pressure customers into an immediate decision.

Sales:

• to claim that products are on sale, you should show the previous price and should have been selling at that price for a meaningful period of time, (recommended is 6 weeks)
  • you must not claim a discount against the recommended retail price (RRP), if the RRP is significantly higher than the price generally charged for the product
  • you should not claim that you are selling at an introductory price if you plan to continue selling at that price indefinitely, or to stop selling the product after the introductory period.

The link below covers quite a few of the trading standards laws:

https://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business/marketing-and-selling/consumer-protection/unfair-trading-trade-d...

"After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review."

I'm trying to figure out if the apps, import all reviews or if they can be edited i.e. delete foreign languages & poor ones.  

Also I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

"didn't think of that, I'll work on that"

Thanks, 

Mel

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 6

Hi Joy, 

I'll need to make my FREE SHIPPING text bigger, it is on the bottom of the product discs! :(

"For eliminating drop down menu on variants i dont know if there is another way, but if i were you I'd duplicate the product advert/page in shopify admin, umder products, edit the variant section so there isnt any, add your photos and delete the old product as you now have the copy you want."

Cheers I'll give this a try.

M

1 Like