My stores URL is www.roots-cosmetic.com
My current conversion rates are extremely low at 0.33%. Which is quite odd especially considering that the added to cart rates are 2.65%. The store is relatively new and I am still trying to master my facebook ads but I have installed the facebook pixel and get around 70 link clicks a day. I even added the behaviour of engaged shopper but I still have such low conversion rates which is a mystery to me. What I'm mainly wondering is how I how lose 1.62% when customers add to cart and how I lose 0.66% once they have initiated checkout. Additionally, I added the currencies of the main countries that have traffic on my website. Thanks in advance.
My niche is beauty products and I used gem pages to create my home page btw.
Congratulations on your store. You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise in the your store and with a few tweaks and turns you should be able to get your desired results and sales in no time.
I have a few recommendations for you, I hope they will be helpful.
1. I would clean up the design of your homepage, there's just too much going on in your homepage and you're providing with too much information that can be a little confusing for people in the first look. So reduce the information on your homepage.
2. Do not add the customer review section on the homepage. Since, you already have the customer review section on your product single page you do not need it on both pages.
3. Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
4. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. I would like to recommend you one of the best apps for the same purpose - Superbar
5. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top
6. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.
7. You must use live chat. There’s no way around it. If people have questions, they need it answered while they are still on your site. You can set up auto invites to trigger when certain criteria is met.
8. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar
Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product. You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below.
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful.
Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.
Hey Root Cosmetic,
"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being "improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:
I wish you all the luck for your coming store journey!
Hello @rootscosmetic ,
I just had a look at your store, it looks really great, there are few suggestions from my side, hope that helps you
Hope our feedback helps you,
Welcome to Shopify and congratulations for your store. I do understand that low conversions can be quite frustrating. So I'll share whatever could be useful from my point of view.
Do let me know if this is useful for you.
Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!
I see that you have received some great feedback regarding the site itself. In my opinion, the core issue is laying in the way the site is promoted and the traffic is driven.
The site itself is great and the homepage gives a lot of information about the product and its features. The CTAs are there.
In the current situation a lot of people are staying home and making at home pamper routines and that is exactly the people that you need to target your product towards to.
As a solution I recommend two things:
1) You can start a referral program on your site. That way if a person likes your product, he/she can suggest it to some of the friends and get discounts for that. The trick is that we tend to trust things that were referred to us by someone we know in person. So chances are one customer will at least bring another one along:)
You can use Growave for that. We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period.
2) You can partner up with a company that sells a complimentary item. So they are not your competitors but you have the same target audience. You two can feature one another's products on the site or even make a partnered giveaway.
I have recently read case study of how one company on Shopify (I think) run a short term campaign and increased sales and the customer base drastically.
3) Do not underestimate the power of Social Media. Work with micro Youtube influencers and you will drive crazy traffic from there.
Please let me know if you are interested, I will try to find that article.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Do you think the problem is from the cart page?
I see two problems with the cart page:
1. There are too many payment options.
This is confusing, especially when I see even more payment methods in the footer section. The default "Check out" button, which is supposed to be the prominent one, ends up being the one with the least attention.
2. There are no proof your site is secured.
People will need to enter their credit card number with the secure code. But there are no hints of whether the information is secured. Some trust badges and security badges are still important for ecommerce store, in my opinions.
You can read this article to understand more about cart page, what to include and how to optimize it to make people purchase.