traffic but no sales

rootscosmetic
4 0 1

The stores link is www.roots-cosmetic.com

I have spent 25 euros on Instagram influencer ads and 36 euros on facebook ads with no luck on either of them. So far I only have one sale and none of them have been from my advertisements. I bought an advertisement from fiverr which looked pretty decent as well for 16 euros but even that didn't work. I'm a bit confused what to do as I don't have a large budget and when I optimise facebook ads for traffic I get high traffic with no sales and if I optimise it for conversions I get low traffic with no sales either. I've already installed the pixel since I started and I'm just confused where to go from here in terms of getting sales from my website. In total this month I had 539 visitors as reference and my conversion rate is really low. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first website. 

Kind Regards, 

Harvey 

Hi,

TBH, there looks like some design work can be done to improve the website overall to make it overall more professional. I feel that the logo appearing twice on desktop looks kinda weird. You might want to re-align some of the descriptions and paragraphs. In addition, it looks like there are two footers. Also if you are going to only have one product you should probably link, you should avoid the intermediate step.

Most of this is guess work and the rest of the people here are offering guess work. If you want me to help you set up tracking so that you can narrow down the problem just shoot me a reply. With tracking you will at least be able to look at some of your other metrics then start to figure out what needs to be improved.

Sincerely,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hi @rootscosmetic

The good news is that you’re getting traffic. That’s great!! It’s frustrating when conversions are so low though, so let’s see what we can do.

Homepage

• I like that you’ve identified that I’m from the US! That’s great, but now you need the currency to update automatically as well.
    RootsCosmetic-1.png

• Speaking of the banner for free shipping, make sure it’s linked! You’re missing a lot of conversion opportunities here by not linking it. 
  • There are a lot of pop-ups going on. That’s not the best impression for a first-time visitor.
  • Redesign your hero image. The close-up eye has nothing to do with your product since your product is a facial scrub.
  • Your homepage is acting more like a landing page than a homepage. You’ve put all of this information onto your homepage when your visitors aren’t even sure they want to buy from you. 
  • Reevaluate the lower half of your homepage. You need to link your email address. Consider removing the “Get Discount” button unless it gets clicks.
  • Add some value to your newsletter! Do they get a discount on their next purchase? Tell them WHY they want to sign up to your newsletter.  

My suggestion is to look at your website through visitor behavior to understand those pain points. Use heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what visitors did on your site). In particular, look for:

1. How far did visitors scroll? Scrolling isn’t bad, but you need to see how much of the content your visitors are seeing. You’re looking for the effective fold to see where 50% of your visitors scrolled. 
  2. Where are they clicking? Look at how they navigate your site. With your hero image, for example, I like that your CTA stands out. However, I would consider removing extra text and simplifying the overall messaging. 
  3. Does visitor behavior change depending on the campaign? Filter your heatmap data and/or recordings to isolate paid campaigns and see what your visitors do. You may be targeting the wrong audience or need to re-evaluate how you market to your audience. 
  4. Which pop-ups do they interact with the most? There are so many different pop-ups, including the live sales notification that covers your “Get Discount” button in the bottom corner. Continue to evaluate it with heatmaps. 

Navigation/Product Page
This is where you have the biggest opportunity to improve. In most cases, Shop is a great collection to feature all of your products. However, you only have one product. Instead, why not break out your homepage to feature that information on your navigation?

So instead of Home | Shop, why not make it: Home | Buy Now | How It Works | FAQs

You can use heatmaps to evaluate it as you go. That may not be the right combination, but you understand where I’m going.

Moving on to the product page…

I like the simplicity of your product pages. It’s easy to see the different colors and pick the one I want to buy. I would add in FREE shipping in your description since that is a huge motivator for visitors.

Great job on reviews! Are they all genuine? While having all five-star reviews is great, it can also raise visitor suspicions that they aren’t from real customers.

I would watch a few session recordings to see what happens when someone’s on your product page. How do they use it? 

You are missing a way for people to contact you. We can see your email address on the homepage but not on the product pages. Adding a live chat would help your visitors reach you with their questions and get them answered while they are still on your site. 

I’m excited to see how you evolve your store, Harvey. Using your visitor behavior to understand what’s stopping them from converting is going to make a huge difference. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Zabu
Shopify Partner
67 2 13

Hey @rootscosmetic 

Congrats on your store , good work on making a clean UI for it , would become easy for anyone to use , I really like the color palette that you have used in your store too , give a very cosmetic feel , just have a few suggestion that can enhance your store 

1. make the whole picture on the landing page into a clickable slideshow carousel so that its easier for the customers to view things and get an idea of the store , the present picture is making what's        written on you picture harder to read , add better color CTA Buttons , 
2. Add Banners for you page , which leads to specific product on your catlog
3. can enhance the flow if you have a better categories page which shows the types of products that are shown on your store
4. add better filters so that its easier for a customer to go through your product catalog 
5.Can Add Product Labels to increase sales as well , as they  help in product display better , ill leave a link to app that can help you with this 

Stay Safe 
Zabu 

https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic?utm_source=shopify_community&utm_medium=store_feedback&utm_campai...

Increasing Sales one Sticker at a time
https://apps.shopify.com/modemagic
0 Likes

Hello,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you, hope they might help you. 

• Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

I hope our feedback helps you. 

Thanks,

Droppersstop   

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes