wanting some feedback on my store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I launched my first store last Friday. I have never done this before so i have some questions about what is considered normal. I ran a promotion on instagram with the launch of the store. Since last friday the site had a total of 139 vistors with ZERO purchases. Im not sure whats going on. My first question is, is a 139 visitors alot? Should i expect to get a sale with that many visitors? The ad on instagram recieved over 500 likes, is that alot? I guess im trying to figure out if its the site itself or perhaps i need to find a better influencer to adveritse with. Im not sure what is considered to be a good outcome with advertising. How many likes are normal on instagram to know whether or not its a hit with customers and how many views are normal on a store site to know that its getting the right amount of traffic. Below is my webiste. If someone can please take a look around and let me know what you think so i can trouble shoot this that would be great. thank you so much.

http://www.cos-tombs.com/ 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Pathfinder
284 0 40

Hey there,

Just my thoughts...

1. Your About Us is decent, but I think it could be much better. It doesn't tell me anything about the people who run the company - names, business address, etc. While there is a little bit of information about your goal (environmental friendly), there's no information about what charities to which you donate.
  2. There's no information on shipping. How long will it take to receive a product?
  3. There's no way to contact you.
  4. But I think the biggest issue is that your products can be found on other, more trustworthy sites. Right off the bat, I googled Female Ghostbusters Custome, and came across dozens of links from established sites. One of the first to show up was from Party city.

Party City is a fifteen minute drive from my house, so there would be no incentive to purchase from you. Not to mention, the same item can be found on Amazon, one of the most trustworthy retailers in the world. I think you're going to have a very difficult time selling items which people can easily find on Amazon, etc.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1802 30 198

Hello,

Your store was looking gorgeous.
You need to increase your conversion rate of your store. I suggest you can use google AdWords, It helps to increasing of sales and conversion rate of your store.
And you can add your store blog, It helps for your store SEO.
Why you are adding Facebook icon in your store? It's not available check it and add your store Facebook page link.
Have you using Instagram for your store? I suggest you can promote your store items in Instagram. It is also The best marketing and increases your store conversion rate.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2680 190 424

Hi Felix, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great work so far, it looks like you've put a lot of effort in and shows. There are a few things I noticed that you could add though. Let's take a look at them below:

• Great to see you have an Instagram account and have done some promotion with it. I wasn't able to locate the account on your store either. Having it open and obvious to see is something I would definitely recommend. Organic Instagram engagement is a great technique which I would also suggest looking into doing. It will help you find and build an audience organically without pushing for the hard sell. A top Shopify Expert did a podcast about this recently with a store owner who did this successfully which you can listen to here
  • An "About Us" page or somewhere to tell your story, your "why" so to say to help get visitors invested. People love stories and if you can give them one, they will be more likely to stick around your store, learn more about you and eventually purchase something. 
  • Adding a Favicon is something else you can add to help instill some more trust and credibility to the site. They are relatively simple to add and Shopify even has a helpful guide on how to do it which you can see here

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes