website not doing very well

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, I have had my website live for about a year. Sales come in but not significantly. www.sevencellars.co.uk 

I have not paid for google ads and can't set up a google ads link to my website for some reason. I'm connected to facebook though and have a fairly healthy instagram account. I would love some feedback if anyone has anything to suggest. I didn't set it up to just chug along, I really need this to work so what am I doing wrong? www.sevencellars.co.uk is my site

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

any feedback at all would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hi louise, 

I have reviewed your store and first impression of store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly and eventually leads to sales.

You don't need to be disappointed, as store is decent and attractive.

1. You can add a favicon on the website ref this article from shopify here, it’s simple and will help strengthen your brand.
  2. To engage customers add a section Bestselling Drinks on your homepage.
  3. Your image sizes are uneven you can even out the size of your images as it will look more organised and uniform.
  4. Surprisingly, Map is not working.
  5. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  6. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  7. Lastly, You have over 650 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)
Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as the slider image is to large. I would also work on the text on the homepage and cutting it down a bit... it's a lot to take it on a first visit. There is also a lot of empty white space on the site that can tightened up.

3. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Very helpful reply Duane thank you

0 Likes