would like some feedback on my store, please!

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey,

I recently finished my store litcasestore.com. I wonder if I could have any feedback. The password to enter is 123. 

Thank you all!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

Hi, @lcaya!

Congrats on finishing your store! Now let’s dive in with feedback.

Easy fixes:

• Announcement bar: Make sure it’s linked
  • Your social link in your footer is broken and should open in a new tab rather than the same  tab

Homepage:

• In general, it looks fine. You’re missing a CTA on your hero image though. Even though it’s linked, you still need that CTA to encourage people to click on it. 
  • On the banner, you have “editor’s pick.” You may want to play around with different copy here instead. Once you launch, use heatmaps (to see where people click) to evaluate which text was more successful. Consider it a kind of A/B test. 
  • New Arrivals: Especially right now, it’s not likely that many people will want to come to your store weekly to evaluate your new arrivals. Again, changing the wording here from New Arrivals to something else may help.
  • On New Arrivals, cut the animation. It’s a lot going on at once and may be more distracting.
  • Best Items: What are “top items of the month” exactly? Are they top sellers? Definitely change it from “Best Items” to something like “Seasonal Favorites.”
  • Your homepage gets very, very long. I would suggest highlighting your collections right under the hero image to help people get to a specific product collection. I would also use scroll heatmaps to see how far people are scrolling down your page. It’s unlikely they are making it to your 3D collection.
  • Instagram feed: Does it look neat on your instagram? Sure. Should you include it all here? Not in this format. It’s taking up so much room, and it’s not engaging for customers. Again, the scroll heatmap will show you how many people make it to this point on the homepage once you launch.

Footer

• About Us: Make sure you link your email address and Instagram link. 
  • Contact Us: Link your email address and Instagram link. Remove the phone number field from your form - it tends to have a high abandonment rate. 
  • Shipping & Handling: Link your email address and the tracking website. If you can, estimate the shipping fee or consider using flat rate shipping. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs mentioned and your email address.
  • Terms and Conditions: Link your email address.

Navigation

• Overall, make sure you use a click heatmap and session recordings (which act like a DVR of your visitors) once you launch. That will help you evaluate your navigation.
  • I like the simplicity of your navigation
  • I would change iPhone to iPhone cases. It’s not intuitive enough to assume that visitors will assume you mean cases. 
  • In that same train of thought, are you only selling iPhone cases? That’s the first you mention it, which may confuse visitors.
  • Also, change AirPods to AirPod cases. It helps clarify that you aren’t selling AirPods but AirPod cases.

Collection Pages

• There’s not much I would change. I would evaluate it after launch with session recordings to watch how people are navigating across your site.
  • I would add in more filters. I love that you have filters for specific iPhone models, but I would add more filters for things like color, style, etc. 

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Moods iPhone case.

• Reiterate shipping here. The announcement bar is limited to your homepage only, so visitors may forget that you offer free shipping. Definitely reiterate it here.
  • Make sure the COLOR (case style may be a better way to describe it) links to the photo. So if I select Artsy Mood, it should show the Artsy Mood.
  • Write a better description. Right now, it’s very artificial and impersonal. Make it creative and interesting. 
  • The photo details below the product details are lost. It’s not very helpful for visitors, and it assumes they know more than they are (i.e., High Quality TPU). In other ways, it’s almost too simple (i.e., productive edges and borders covered). I would remove this part.
  • Encourage those reviews! I get that you won’t have many/any reviews right now, but this would be a great reminder to add in a review request in your post-purchase confirmation emails.

You have a great foundation to a store here, and once you launch, using visitor behaviour (through heatmaps and session recordings) will help you find ways to make the customer experience even better. Lucky Orange has session recordings, heatmaps and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello, @LuckyDanny . Thank you SO much for your suggestions. You're so right about a lot of things, and I definitely have a lot to work on. The fact that you took the time to write all this feedback...! I'm beyond grateful. Once again, thank you so much for being extremely helpful!! 

0 Likes