would love some feedback for improving my site!

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

First of all, thank you for reading!

i have used a fair amount of time searching for do's & dont's regarding building a shopify website.
now i would very much like some feedback, pointers or guidelines from you guys.

notice, i just ''went live'' with the site yesterday so i'm not wondering about why i'm not making money.

i use spocket as supplier, and i'm on the pro plan with UP to 250 items max. I am thinking about maby upgrading to next step and have 10000 items max, this is because i deal with clothes and maby people want a bigger item choice. any thoughts on this?

also the describing text after top page, is it completely trash? I am from Norway so the English might be worse than i think..

the idea is nothing insane, just have items with a fair price easy available. i don't worry much about profit, and that means i can go lower on price and maby attract a bigger audience. 

as of yet, i have not used money on ads. and wondering if i should use more time on improving sosial media proof before i drive people in to the site?

one thing i know would be better, is the menu button in the top left. I am trying to make it float so that page navigation becomes more easy. kinda stuck there, but searching for a fix.

any feedback or comments about the site, both positive and negative will definitely help me.

link: https://stellarchoice.store/

thank you for your time!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
34 0 9

Love your store and design. The hero images is a great eye-catcher. A few suggestions:

1. Try cutting the text down after the hero image. If you get a free tool like Hotjar, set up some heatmaps to see what people are doing on your site and how far they are scrolling down.

2. Get an email capture tool. Might as well collect emails to send offers and retarget them.

3. Offer a deal upfront on the banner instead of "To gather good deals take time and effort. StellarChoice does it for you, so sit back & relax while you scroll!"

Hope this helps! AdRoll is currently offering a 90 day free trial for our growth plan. Check us out:

https://www.adroll.com/pricing

Nicholas Bennett
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1758 110 317

Dear StellarChoice,

Congratulations for your store!!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

• Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 25-30  . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile.
  • Add Logo.Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.
  • Add predictive search feature.
  • Open Social profile at new tab.
  • Remove "Powered by Shopify" Text, only keep your brand
  • Over All Text , Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc need to improve - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Add Testimonials at homepage - They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand.
  • Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels , product quick view - All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user-friendly.
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add to cart button , Sticky cart - A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer on your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Add Product filter for easy navigation. Example of Ideal Product Page 
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Use Facebook and Instagram sale channel.

If you need help. Please contact us.

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you for the reply!
and the suggestions, are much needed.  I now added a logo and a smaller text after hero image + the whole text got a page for itself.

also added a subscribe for discount ''pop-up''. i actually dont like pop-ups because they take away the whole screen but i found one that you have to click yourself and i like it..

yeah and also changed the banner to get attention to the subscribe feature.

i tried some heatmap app, but did not get it to work. maby when/if  people start shopping i can buy a good one. 

you are most welcome to take another look

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

thank you for your time and all the good suggestion you have given me.

i ran shopify analyze on the website and found that the hero image takes a loooooot of speed, so i will do my best to compress them as i dont want to remove them. i think they are a good eye catcher..

working on a lot of what you mentioned right now, so i will not write as long answer as you did but i do really appreciate the time you took to help me!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there 

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you. 

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
2 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @StellarChoice ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• I have found that there is no favicon to your website, favicon helps your customers to navigate to your website tab while they open many tabs on the same browser and it looks professional if you have a favicon. 
  • Add a live chat so that if a customer has any questions they can easily contact you.
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
82 1 3

Hi @StellarChoice, this is Larry from Spocket!

First off, congratulations on the store, I wish you the best in making sales and creating a super profitable business through this store. I just have a couple of points that you can work on to make it even better:

• Try to take down the powered by Shopify button at the footer of the site (this creates a more cohesive brand feel)
  • For individual product view pages, the images are a little overbearing. Making them smaller and potentially on the side can make page navigation easier
  • You have a lot of products in your store and it is a little hard to tell what the store itself is selling (is it human or pet clothes?). Narrowing this down a little can help your customers be more motivated to purchase a product. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I recommend checking out Spocket’s Facebook group where you can get feedback from over 45 000 active users who are also dropshippers! Hope this helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
318 12 63

Hello @StellarChoice  welcome to Shopify family

I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. The website feels empty and lacks character, I think an addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
2. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
3. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
4. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with better titles and promoting them on various social media platforms will be helpful.
5. The text block on the images aren’t visible, the text block on a plain background increase the site of visibility.
6. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
7. Adding Plain background on product images will be more helpful as the products will be more visible the current background has some texture which is blocking the 100% visibility of the product.
8. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you all for the tips you are giving me!
i must say the response here makes me very happy!

i have made some changes now as adding a chatbot that offers dicount for email.  as regarding the product images, one say make smaller and one say make bigger.. i made overview on desktop smaller now. on mobile i think it looks ok. i can see that when clinking in to a spesific product the images are huuuge on desktop verson but perfekt on mobile. i have tried to make them smaller on desktop but the shopify theme simply dont support it, and that goes for adding trust badge to cart also..

made the ''about me'' a little more personal for those who bothers to read it.   might have nailed it, might have **bleep**ed it. really need your feedback on that one..(!)

also the whole dog wear is going away, i think im better of with more products, maby some shoes(?)

as to the powerd by shopify logo in the footer, it is there, cannot find a way to remove it. and i guess shopify wont let me either..

wil work some more with shopify analyser to get better loading speed, after comressing hero image and removing 3 of them i went from 25 to 37 in page speed, and after chat bot install i went down to 27-31..

facebook disabled my advertising account  for some reason, finally found the ''help'' button for that but it says it can take weeks because of corona.. so much for marketing there.

and Yes i would love to have customer feedback on the site, but as it is recently published, I have had like 90 visitors and probably 40% is myself and not one checkout or order. so that is kind of impossible for now.

i tried to find correct .css and .html files to make hamburger navigation 'sticky', but it seems you have to be shopifyPRO member(?)

0 Likes