First of all, thank you for reading!
i have used a fair amount of time searching for do's & dont's regarding building a shopify website.
now i would very much like some feedback, pointers or guidelines from you guys.
notice, i just ''went live'' with the site yesterday so i'm not wondering about why i'm not making money.
i use spocket as supplier, and i'm on the pro plan with UP to 250 items max. I am thinking about maby upgrading to next step and have 10000 items max, this is because i deal with clothes and maby people want a bigger item choice. any thoughts on this?
also the describing text after top page, is it completely trash? I am from Norway so the English might be worse than i think..
the idea is nothing insane, just have items with a fair price easy available. i don't worry much about profit, and that means i can go lower on price and maby attract a bigger audience.
as of yet, i have not used money on ads. and wondering if i should use more time on improving sosial media proof before i drive people in to the site?
one thing i know would be better, is the menu button in the top left. I am trying to make it float so that page navigation becomes more easy. kinda stuck there, but searching for a fix.
any feedback or comments about the site, both positive and negative will definitely help me.
thank you for your time!
Love your store and design. The hero images is a great eye-catcher. A few suggestions:
1. Try cutting the text down after the hero image. If you get a free tool like Hotjar, set up some heatmaps to see what people are doing on your site and how far they are scrolling down.
2. Get an email capture tool. Might as well collect emails to send offers and retarget them.
3. Offer a deal upfront on the banner instead of "To gather good deals take time and effort. StellarChoice does it for you, so sit back & relax while you scroll!"
Hope this helps! AdRoll is currently offering a 90 day free trial for our growth plan. Check us out:
Congratulations for your store!!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
If you need help. Please contact us.
Thank you for the reply!
and the suggestions, are much needed. I now added a logo and a smaller text after hero image + the whole text got a page for itself.
also added a subscribe for discount ''pop-up''. i actually dont like pop-ups because they take away the whole screen but i found one that you have to click yourself and i like it..
yeah and also changed the banner to get attention to the subscribe feature.
i tried some heatmap app, but did not get it to work. maby when/if people start shopping i can buy a good one.
you are most welcome to take another look
thank you for your time and all the good suggestion you have given me.
i ran shopify analyze on the website and found that the hero image takes a loooooot of speed, so i will do my best to compress them as i dont want to remove them. i think they are a good eye catcher..
working on a lot of what you mentioned right now, so i will not write as long answer as you did but i do really appreciate the time you took to help me!
Hey there StellarChoice,
Hope you're doing well.
Congratulations on your store! The designing and the look of the store is really clean and minimal. Love it. You are definitely headed in the right direction design wise and with a few tweaks and turns, you'll be able to achieve your desired results in no time.
I do have a few recommendations, I hope they will be of help to you.
1. Hero Image - Let it be only one image rather than a rotating carosuel. The viewer does not get time to think if they are interested in the product and it's gone. There are many other reasons why a rorating carousel is not the best option - See here
2. I would suggest you to add a collection section on your homepage clearly displaying the types of products you carry and making separate sections for clothes for men and women.
3. Also, If you want to add products on your homepage, make them featured products section which looks like a planned section. Explaining why you picked this product to feature.
4. Images size and dimensions - Make sure all your product images are the same size and the same style/brand as you add more. This helps your website to give a complete look.
5. Add a favicon to the website as well.
6. Connect yourself through Linkedin and Twitter - these are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Add those to your footer as well.
7. Your product description can be a little longer. Anyone who buys the product would want to know as much as they can about the same, the longer description helps with that. And also improves SEO and organic search.
8. Your discount tag on the bottom right is hovering right over the wishlist icon. I suggest you to move that so that both the icons are visible clearly.
9. You must have a live chat, there is no way around it. If any viewer has any questions, they should be answered when they are on the website. This would descrese the drop rate of the website and if people's problems are solved the conversion rate increases.
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.
Hello @StellarChoice ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
First off, congratulations on the store, I wish you the best in making sales and creating a super profitable business through this store. I just have a couple of points that you can work on to make it even better:
This is just the tip of the iceberg. I recommend checking out Spocket’s Facebook group where you can get feedback from over 45 000 active users who are also dropshippers! Hope this helps!
Hello @StellarChoice welcome to Shopify family
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The website feels empty and lacks character, I think an addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
2. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
3. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
4. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with better titles and promoting them on various social media platforms will be helpful.
5. The text block on the images aren’t visible, the text block on a plain background increase the site of visibility.
6. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
7. Adding Plain background on product images will be more helpful as the products will be more visible the current background has some texture which is blocking the 100% visibility of the product.
8. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!
Thank you all for the tips you are giving me!
i must say the response here makes me very happy!
i have made some changes now as adding a chatbot that offers dicount for email. as regarding the product images, one say make smaller and one say make bigger.. i made overview on desktop smaller now. on mobile i think it looks ok. i can see that when clinking in to a spesific product the images are huuuge on desktop verson but perfekt on mobile. i have tried to make them smaller on desktop but the shopify theme simply dont support it, and that goes for adding trust badge to cart also..
made the ''about me'' a little more personal for those who bothers to read it. might have nailed it, might have **bleep**ed it. really need your feedback on that one..(!)
also the whole dog wear is going away, i think im better of with more products, maby some shoes(?)
as to the powerd by shopify logo in the footer, it is there, cannot find a way to remove it. and i guess shopify wont let me either..
wil work some more with shopify analyser to get better loading speed, after comressing hero image and removing 3 of them i went from 25 to 37 in page speed, and after chat bot install i went down to 27-31..
facebook disabled my advertising account for some reason, finally found the ''help'' button for that but it says it can take weeks because of corona.. so much for marketing there.
and Yes i would love to have customer feedback on the site, but as it is recently published, I have had like 90 visitors and probably 40% is myself and not one checkout or order. so that is kind of impossible for now.
i tried to find correct .css and .html files to make hamburger navigation 'sticky', but it seems you have to be shopifyPRO member(?)