Creating lifetime discount codes before launch?

Tourist
11 0 1

We're planning our Kicktarter campaign, and currently working on building our pre-launch list.

Our product is a recurring one, so we wanted to create a referral campaign that would give out lifetime discounts when a certain number of their friends signed-up (i.e. 5% off for life when 5 friends sign-up, 15% for 10, and 50% for 25). 

Is it possible to create codes like this before we have our online store up? Is there also anyway to prevent users from abusing these discounts once our site goes live? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 0 11

Hi, Eric.

This is Martha from the Shopify Team. 

It sounds like using a combination of apps and Shopify's built-in discounts will be the best solution for you. 

• Creating discount codes here's the doc on how to use Shopify Discounts.
  • Bulk Discounts a free app built by Shopify that helps make many individual discounts
  • Automatic Discount a paid app that has more restrictions and rules available for the discounts you're making. 

I'd suggest taking a look through some other discount apps as well, to determine which apps fit all of the requirements you have in mind for your promotion :) Check out the App Store here.

I hope this info helps! We're also available over email support@shopify.com if you'd like for us to take a look at your shop's settings. 

Best,
Martha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 0 2

When you want to show discount price on your store, you can consider our app Discount Master. It doesn't create discount codes but creates discount campaigns and display discount price. You can include all products in your store, all products in a collection or specific products in your campaign. 

0 Likes