Solved

How do we approach marketing our Shopify App to Merchants?

CathTatham
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi!

I'm looking for some insight into the different ways that we would be able to market our App to Shopify Merchants. Understandably there is social media, email marketing, and the standard formats. But I'm interested in learning if there are best practices within the Shopify community, or if there are other avenues (e.g. paid advertising within the App Store) that I should be aware of?

Thanks so much! 

Accepted Solution (1)

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @CathTatham !

I’ll give you the two best ways to advertise your Shopify applications that are definitely considered as out of the box ideas to promote Shopify apps.

The first is to advertise your Shopify apps on blogs that are in Shopify niche. You can contact them via emails and ask to write an article about your app’s features and functionalities so when they publish the article on their blog people will read about your app and it will generate a spike in the traffic towards it.

Secondly, try to promote your app by creating a converting landing page. You can create one using Wix or any other similar platforms. You can then put your apps link and functionality on this landing page and advertise it aggressively through social media channels. Google ads is also a big thumbs up.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @CathTatham !

I’ll give you the two best ways to advertise your Shopify applications that are definitely considered as out of the box ideas to promote Shopify apps.

The first is to advertise your Shopify apps on blogs that are in Shopify niche. You can contact them via emails and ask to write an article about your app’s features and functionalities so when they publish the article on their blog people will read about your app and it will generate a spike in the traffic towards it.

Secondly, try to promote your app by creating a converting landing page. You can create one using Wix or any other similar platforms. You can then put your apps link and functionality on this landing page and advertise it aggressively through social media channels. Google ads is also a big thumbs up.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

CathTatham
Tourist
3 0 2

Thanks so much @DigitalArtisans! Your insight is appreciated! We have definitely considered reaching out to a few Merchant focussed podcasts and blogs so it's great to have confirmation that we're on the right track with our thinking.

From what I can tell advertising within the App store isn't available - are you able to confirm this for me at all?

Thanks!

Cath

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

Hello @CathTatham !

Advertising within the Shopify app store is available - so you can use it to promote your app.

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

CathTatham
Tourist
3 0 2

For anyone else who stumbles on this, ShopifyDevs has some insight into optimising your ads in the App Store.

Part 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho1ax1CloS0&ab_channel=ShopifyDevs
Part 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1bM14_mUNk&ab_channel=ShopifyDevs
Part 3 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6suuzKxYU&t=1s&ab_channel=ShopifyDevs

Cath