How do you enable sections everywhere?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
630 16 195

Hi @Mateusz3 

I can't give an exact date, but the merchant launch of the new Online Store Design Experience will be in 2020. In the meantime, we'll be adding more functionality to the developer preview where you can test out the new sections types, and prepare your themes and apps for the merchant launch. You can keep track of the updates over on our developer changelog, or keep tuned to this subforum. 

Hope this helps,

Liam

Liam Griffin
Shopify | Developer Community Manager
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey @Liam

Any update on the new UI for sections everywhere? I bought the Startup template expecting the have the same level of control over all pages on the website, not just the Home page. Do you guys have an expected release for non-developers? Thanks, -Nick

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
630 16 195

Hi @nickallen 

As the new Online Store Editor, and sections architecture are still being built out, we don't have an expected release date for merchants. I will be sure to update here when there is news on an expected launch date, and for non-developer announcements for this feature, you can check the merchant-facing changelog

Hope this helps Nick,

Liam Griffin

Liam Griffin
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am using shoptify for my website for best paints in UK. Can someone guide for a problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 1 5

Hi @pickpaint01 . What kind of issues you've faced?

0 Likes
3 0 4

Hi Liam,

I am testing this new UI in the Developer Preview and frankly there isn't much to see. Only works on product pages and there are no sections to adjust at all.

When you say (in January - its now July) that you will be adding more functionality in 2020 - I'm wondering what on Earth was available in January. There's virtually nothing to see. Feels like this is a loooooong way off. This new functionality has been promised since 2019 and it is already half way through 2020.

Please can someone at Shopify let people know real timelines - we can deal with delays but not misdirection

Thanks,

Toby Write

4 Likes
Highlighted

Yeah - totally agree. We've been waiting on this forever and a week now. Come on guys n gals in Shopify.

Trying to build a suite of commercial themes...not wanting to use old sections...but been dragging on now for a year.  Not really what I'd call agile. A lot of Shopify's newer functionality has been a flop.

Also stopped mentioning this functionality to clients as it's plain and simple bad for our business (why would someone invest in a new custom build this year if this functionality is being released? they wouldn't.)

To be fair though sections themselves (v1) were rolled out without much architectural thought or planning (at least, to my mind). They made life easier but were a million miles from what's needed and this was plain from day 1.

My only hope is that they're busy trying to get it right once - so it's future proof/sensible/flexible.  And kinda gives us + merchants what's need.  

I'm shelving this project for another 6 months.  Working on an app instead.

★★★ Need help setting up your Shopify store? Hire me here: https://liquify.design ★★
2 Likes
Highlighted

I remember two Unite's ago, when I was thinking "Oh boy I better sit down and learn that, it's going to be huge!"

0 Likes