How to test the new app snippets feature?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

Recently Shopify released the app sections and app snippets feature for developer preview. I cannot get the app snippets to be showing on a developer preview store. I have followed the docs from here https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/modifying-online-store/app-snippets

I am not sure where to use the {% render %} code?

Is anyone able to make it work?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
580 6 108

Hi there @Rishabh_Tayal 

Great to see you're exploring the new app snippets feature. To test out an app that is included into an online store as an app snippet, you will need to generate the render tag, and then copy and paste this tag into the code of the theme, where you want the app to appear. For example, if you'd like the app to be in a specific position on a product page, you'd add the generated tag:

{% render "code-for-app" %}

into the `product.liquid` file of the theme. Then when you view the theme from the front-end, you should see the app appearing. 

I hope this helps Rishabh- let me know if you're still seeing any issues,

Liam Griffin

Shopify | Partner Education 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 0

@Liam Thanks for your help. We are able to add the snippets in the app extensions section. And also able to add the {% render "code-for-app" %} in the theme file. However when I go to the online store editing experience I do not see the snippet UI there.

Let me know if I can provide you with any more info to look into it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
580 6 108

Hi Rishabh,

When you are adding the {% render %} tag, which file are you adding it to? EG: the product.liquid file in the `/pages` folder? Have you tested this app on a regular Shopify store before generating an app snippet?

Cheers,

Liam

0 Likes