2 0 0

Hello

I cannot get app section to work. steps i've taken so far:
- created new developer store
- installed Debut-0.1-beta 1 theme
- created new app with online store extension enabled
- created app section and uploaded liquid file section
- installed app in online store

I'm quite new to shopify dev community so i apologize if i missed something. Is there any other way i can surface my app functionality to merchant online store?
Thank you

Replies 4 (4)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 297 760

Hey @asrebo 

Great to hear you're testing out the new online store design experience.  Just to doublecheck, when you created the dev store, did you select the "Developer preview" with the "Online store design experience" version? 

Monosnap_file_0cdf7

The app sections feature is still in beta at the moment, so cannot be tested on regular merchant stores. 

Hope this helps- let me know if this works!

Liam Griffin

Shopify | Developer Community Manager

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Appifiny
Shopify Partner
165 2 51

Hi @Liam 

We are having the same issue. These are the steps we have taken as outlined in the tutorials:

1. Created a new development store with Online store design experience enabled - appifiny-developer-preview-design-experience.myshopify.com.
  2. Installed the sections compatible Debut theme as described here.
  3. Created a new app and added the example liquid code as described under Add an App Section in the App section tutorial.
  4. Installed the new app into the new development store.

I was assuming that when editing the product page in the new online store editor, I should see the section in the left navigation or there should be some way to add the section.

This is what I see:

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 12.07.36.png

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 297 760

Hi there @Appifiny 

Just to confirm, once you have installed the app onto the development store, and are on the Online Store Editor, and are looking to add the app to the page, have you enabled sections on that product page? If so, when you click on "Add section" you should see two tabs for sections that can be added to the product page, the second of these being "App sections" which is where your app should be visible. 

Hope this helps,

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Appifiny
Shopify Partner
165 2 51

Hi @Liam,

Thanks for that. Enabling sections was the missing step!

That option is quite hard to find and I would have presumed that it would be enabled by default in a theme designed for the new sections architecture.

Best regards,

Asa @ Appifiny

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently