can we have multiple stores under one account?

tchen
6 0 0

I would like to set up two e-commerce stores in Shopify and under one account so it will be easy to manage. Is this possible? Based on my research, it didn't look like it's an option. 

Can anyone provide me the answer? thanks

Replies 5 (5)

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

Hi @tchen 

You can only have multiple store on one account with a Shopify Plus plan. You will have to create a 2nd account for your second store if you are on any of the lower plans.

However, you CAN add the email/account login for your main store as a staff account with full access on your second store. Doing that will allow you to login to both stores using the same account, and when you are logged in to both stores under the same browser, you can switch back and forth between them in your admin by clicking the dropdown arrow that appears when you mouse over your store name in the top left of the screen.

BobsMojo_0-1614888477753.png

tchen
6 0 0

Thank you for your answer. It's really helpful info.

TravisSTT
8 0 0

I don't know

trentfan
4 0 0

Hi @tchen ,

Apart from joining shopify plus, there is another way to manage multiple stores in one account.

Apply for a Shopify partner account (free), and send an invitation to manage the store.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 10.00.07 am.png

It's pretty easy, just fill up the info and follow the steps. 

The downside is, you will never have the full ownership of the store 'at this shopify partner account', you are labelled as 'managing partner'. And the store owner can remove your access anytime.
To play around with this, you can use account A as the shopify store owner, and invite yourself to manage the store while using shopify partner account B.

The trick is just helping you using one account to manage different stores and avoid logging in and out for different accounts.

I still strongly recommend joining Shopify plus, quick and easy.

trienviro360
Visitor
1 0 0

Shopify allows you to register one account to link to your store. Shopify just doesn't have the ability to set up multiple stores under one account. Depending on the products you are selling, it is easier to sell your products under one store and one Shopify account.

=========================================

Best digital marketing company in Kanpur | Best SEO Company in Kanpur India