How make an automatic image search

2 0 1

Hi there, 

I'm using Shopify to do drop-shipping since 2 years, and I'm very happy. The only problem I face is that when I import products from my provider website, his photos aren't enough a great quality to me, and I need to search another photos on internet for each product I import... So long time waste... 

Does anyone know about a software, an app to make an automatic search for images? Perhaps using the information the SKU includes...? 

I'm stuck on that point, any idea, solution, offer would be appreciated a lot! 

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2262 146 306

Hi @Webstina,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I'm not sure if any apps or software which would do an automatic search for images like this. I think your best bet could be to do the Google search and even add the SKU number/information. I also found this guide (click here) from Google about finding free-to-use images which could come in handy. 

Something else you could do is order one of each of the products you have in your store to yourself and take your own photos. I understand if this might not be possible if you have a lot of products, but even then you could do it for your best sellers or more popular products. In this instance, it would be more effort from your end but you would be in control of your own product image fate so to say. The content team at Shopify wrote many blog articles about product photography which you could read here

Hopefully, this helps and has given you some ideas on next steps. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 1

Thanks @Nick to having took the time to answer me.

Until now, I'm using the classic google search for find images, but yeah, that's not the most efficient/quick way. 

I will still looking for an automatic solution, but I'm seriously envisaging to take my own photos as you suggest, if I don't find anything.

Thanks again,  

1 Like