Local language=Users more likely to purchase?

Solved
Excursionist
16 0 2
Dear community and gurus

I just started https://www.asian-skincare.com
I plan to sell to danish and Swedish users to start with. Because Shipping cost is to High to other countries...
Dont understand how small e Bay shops handle these expences..?

I have only worked with the site for 1 month and no I start to wonder if I
make a misstake not having the site in Danish? - I’m thinking If users more comfortable with purchasing from website in their own language?

Thank you so much in advance!
Best Regards /Josefine Andersson
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
242 8 26

Hey, Josefine!

If you're wanting to change the language that your store is in, you can easily make this change at any time by going to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages. In here, you'll see an option right at the top of the page to "Change theme language." Here's a screenshot example of this:

13-25-cirsk-2gcdj

When you click on that, you can choose the main language that you want to display your store in. If the majority of your client base will be in a specific country in a particular language, then having it show in that language can really be a benefit for your business!

You can also install apps or widgets to your theme so your customers can select which language they'd like to view your store in, and here are a few options for that: 

Hopefully that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions that I can help you out with.

Cheers,

Freddie

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 2
Thanks Freddy 😊 Yes i know the translation function, its brilliant. Thinking about all the content.
Thanks, i Will consider Danish again.
Thanks for tips
Best Regards /Josefine
1 Like