shopify shipping

Highlighted
1 0 0

I like the addition of the shiping address but where is the shipping cost to tell the customer how much shipping will be

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 0 19

Hey there, Lindelof.

Bo here from Shopify Support!

That is a really interesting question. When a customer is shopping on your store they will add their items to their cart. Once they have finished shopping and are ready to checkout they will proceed to the cart page and enter the first stage of checkout. On this stage, they will input their details such as their e-mail address, name, billing address, and shipping address. Once the shipping address has been submitted the system will then be able to tell your customer how much the shipping will cost. The system needs to know where the order is being shipped before being able to give the customer a rate.

Shipping rates can either be set manually by the store owner in the Shipping Settings of their admin or they can be live rates provided by their courier. You can read up on all things shipping related in this help doc which can be found in our help center the home of all our help docs! You can take a look at how to set up calculated shipping rates in this video. We also have a video tutorial on setting up manual weight-based rates and one on setting up manual price-based rates.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,
Bo

0 Likes