What is the average transaction duration on a Shopify store?

wy04che
4 0 0

Hi,

What is the average end-to-end transaction time of Shopify store? Thank you.

Replies 3 (3)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @wy04che 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a great question. An average checkout on Shopify can take from 90 seconds to 4 minutes. There would, of course, be many variables at play here such as the customer's internet speed, whether they use Google Auto-Fill or another alternative or are entering their detail manually, etc. We also have Accelerated Checkouts which can speed the process up even further. 

Accelerated or express checkouts save customer payment and shipping information so that returning customers can more quickly complete payment for their orders. When a customer returns to a store that offers an accelerated checkout method, their information is automatically filled in at checkout.

Some accelerated checkout methods can use dynamic checkout buttons on product pages. By using dynamic checkout buttons, customers can skip the cart and go directly to the checkout from the product page, using the selected accelerated checkout method. Learn how to show dynamic checkout buttons on your online store.

You can enable accelerated checkout buttons on your Shopify checkout for Shop Pay and for other payment providers that offer the options, including Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, and PayPal. To learn more about PayPal's accelerated checkout options, see Supported PayPal providers.

Are you interested in moving your store to Shopify or do you already have a store with us? I would love to provide more help and resources, if you would like to tell me a little about your business I will be able to provide some more tailored to you! 

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

wy04che
4 0 0

Thanks for reply.

Can you also tell how many data transaction processes would be involved in a single transaction? Thanks a lot.

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @wy04che 

I do not believe that this information is publicly available. 

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.