Can we cut down on solicitation spam please?

oreoorbitz
Shopify Partner
242 29 129

I know the point of all these forums is that we help people out, and in the process we advertise our services, but man, many people in this Online Store Speed forum are just straight up spamming.

They aren't giving any specific advise related to the poster's question, they just copy and paste text that includes a pitch to their services, its really annoying. 

@TyW 

Available for freelance. I specialize in speed improvement and theme development.
https://www.upwork.com/fl/orionholmes

You can also contact me directly if you prefer.
Replies 3 (3)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 587

Haha man I'll second this +1.

I just got about 30 notifications from a new poster that spammed a templated response on a bunch of performance related posts I had commented on.

Annoying for store owners trying to get legit help too.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

TyW
Community Manager
451 63 1206

Thanks for your feedback @oreoorbitz - its unfortunate that some users fail to adhere to guidelines, and code of conduct 😞 

We are going to taking a firmer stance in the near future due to repeated occurrences of this from some users. 

In the interim do not hesitate to submit a report - this notifies myself directly, as well as some peers in the community so we can take action. This action can range from removing all posts, removing posting capabilities, banning specific terms, or links, etc. 

To sent a report, while signed in click on the three dot icon next to their post followed by Report Inappropriate Content.

Submitting one report is sufficient as we will dig into the users profile. 

Thank you again for calling this out! 

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2195 201 587

@TyW I see the user already got their all spam posts removed, well done.

Thanks @oreoorbitz for bringing this up and thanks @TyW for the support from Shopify to keep the value in and the spam out. 👍

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks