Is my Shopify store speed accurate and how can I improve it?

Mareka
Trailblazer
232 2 39

Hi All,

According to Shopify, my store speed is a low 27. So I went to the Shopify Speed Booster analyzer, put my store URL in & got an A (91/100) for mobile & B (82/100) for desktop. Which is correct ? If my store really is only at 27, is there a suggested app to get my store to speed up ?

www.treasureknot.com

Replies 7 (7)

oreoorbitz
Shopify Partner
242 29 129

They're both correct.

They're just focusing on different things, it's up to you to decide which you think are most important.

Shopify uses google's Lighthouse modules to measure your sites speed. Most people pay more attention to this as Lighthouse score has an effect on SEO(How much, is unknown).

Don't let yourself get overwhelmed by scores, take your time to carefully study what effects page performance and if you need to improve your site's performance.

At the moment, there is no magical shopify app that will speed up your store without the need for coding.

Available for freelance. I specialize in speed improvement and theme development.
https://www.upwork.com/fl/orionholmes

You can also contact me directly if you prefer.
Mareka
Trailblazer
232 2 39

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at all the reports but I have no idea what it all means. Is there an app that can help ?

Not applicable

Hi @Mareka 

Aibek is here from Speedimize.io agency. 

Take a look at our simple explanation about Page Speed metrics here: https://speedimize.io/uploads/pagespeed_speeddimize.pdf 

There is no real app that helps you with speed optimization, it's better to do it by yourself or hire someone. 

Our agency can provide you full free analysis so you will have an idea, what exactly needs to be improved. 

Also, here is the article from Shopify as well: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/store-speed/speed-report 

Hope that helps you. 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4167 244 733

Hello @Mareka, I hope you are doing well! If you need help with optimizing the speed of your store. I will be happy to help. You can email me at sachin@aitrillion.com

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3044

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and there's some notice I have when checking your site speed. Here's the results of your page speed checked on PageSpeed Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?hl=vi&url=www.treasureknot.com&tab=mobile. The score on Desktop is 79, which is not bad at all, but on Mobile, it only scores 26 so here's some of my suggestions to improve your site. 

1. Remove all unnecessary CSS code, this might come from your theme code. You can contact Theme Provider to see if there's anything they can do to minimize the theme code. 

2. Delete any unused third party apps. These are the 2 main sources that take up most of your store that eventually will affect the page speed. 

PageFly_0-1614682965941.png

3. You can try Lazy Loading as well to reduce loading time all at once. PageFly do offer this feature as default when building page. 

PageFly_1-1614683026698.png

So I hope that these are somewhat helpful for you in improving your site speed. you can also check out this article on Page Speed optimization. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!

banned
Mareka
Trailblazer
232 2 39

Hello,

Thankyou for the information. With regards to any unused apps, all the apps I have at the moment are used for things that I have been told I should have - product recommendations, wishlist, reviews, tracking, trust, pop-ups etc.  But then of course I am told I shouldn't have so many apps, so should I be adding another app ? As for unnecessary CSS code, I have no idea how to fix this.  I have tested my speed on several speed test sites & the results are all very different which is why I find it all confusing.  I do not understand anything the reports tell me to fix & I cannot afford to pay somebody to fix it. 

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Yes, It is possible to make your Shopify store load faster than before, What you need to do is to shopify.com >>> Then Search for (Page loader) Which will make your store load faster.

And It may be from the theme that was used to build the Shopify store and the hosting of the store. which means when you upload too much of contents and images or video to the store which are bigger than the hosting that you used for the store.

I think this should be helpful for you to make something right.