Solved

Mobile speed is bad the score is only 20

Daniel131
Tourist
5 0 1

HI

My Score is 20 in mobile '==
Do I need an expert to fix the issue or can I fix it myself?
Please help me
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=pop-pet-you.pet
PageSpeed Insights - Google Chrome 4_4_2021 3_11_31 PM.png

i can't understand this few thingsi can't understand this few things

Accepted Solutions (5)

Henrybags
Excursionist
27 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

I have exact same issue... but then did a search on all competitors sites that rank well... and they are the same. So I havnt worried about it since. Would still be nice to sort though I guess 

View solution in original post

simone83
Tourist
11 1 4

Well, if you understand what the PageSpeed Tool from Google is telling you then you can fix it by yourself, I guess. And if not then you need an Expert. 😄

Google has links to all points and explain them in detail. But it's very technical.

The biggest problem is the Javascript Code. Either the Code of your theme is very very very inefficient (because theme developer didn't know what he did). And if it is a standard theme then this might happened because of custom modifications. Or if no one touched the theme code and it's a Shopify standard theme then you have too many Apps installed. Every App costs performance/speed if it changes something visible for customers (easily speaking).

Try removing all apps you really don't need for boosting your sales.

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Daniel131 

I ran your homepage through the Shopify Analyzer (a free tool our team built for the Shopify community). You can check out your report at https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fxetsln6p7

The main issue looks to be your reviews app (Ali Reviews). It's causing a few image issues (hidden images, oversized images, images that can be compressed). Unfortunately, since it's a 3rd party app there's likely nothing that can be done on your end. It's just a trade-off you'll have to make for having the app installed.

I have to agree with what @Henrybags mentioned about most successful sites not scoring well using Google's Page Speed Insights tool. We actually have a detailed article that talks more about why we don't think it's the best tool to analyze Shopify sites: The Truth About Google PageSpeed Insights for Shopify

Beyond that, your site seems to perform pretty well when actually navigating through it so I wouldn't worry too much about your PSI score.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Kavia11 

Sorry for the delayed response.

While every theme can have different optimization opportunities, I recommend throwing your store URL into the Shopify Analyzer to identify any actions you can take.

Based on your results from the Shopify Analyzer, I'd recommend checking out our in-depth optimization guide: How to Optimize a Shopify Site: Complete Guide to Faster Load Speed. It can help walk you through some common website optimizations.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions or want to send me your store URL, I can do a more detailed analysis.

Thanks!

Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)

Angelfab
Excursionist
36 1 14

While I'm everything but a tech guy, I'd like to share my thoughts and small experience.

Speed is very important but it's not the main goal you should pursue

For a while my site speed was around 25 and like you, it was a big concern and I was looking everywhere to get faster.
Nevertheless I was selling ok. Recently I have improved my speed to >50 (when my theme was given an update), but I sell less...

I don't mean that because it's faster I sell less, just to say that it didn't make me sell more.

Hence your main goal is to have purchases not to be the fastest.

Check your competitor to see how you compare with their speed.
The speed thing should really come to be a target when you'll have a great volume of sales and when adding 1% more will be really significant.

Check you apps to see if you use them all and if they are all relevant/useful as they may slow down your site.
But if one is a real addition but slows down your site, take the time to consider if the benefits it brings outweighs the speed loss.
If it's tight, check if you can find another app doing the same with a lesser impact on your speed.

Also check if your speed score is really representing both of your desktop and mobile speed, or if (like it was for me) more the result of a bad speed of your mobile version rather than desktop.

Then you'll be able to focus more on optimizing the mobile one and might not disrupt the desktop one which could be working very well as it is.

Replies 10 (10)

Henrybags
Excursionist
27 1 3

I have exact same issue... but then did a search on all competitors sites that rank well... and they are the same. So I havnt worried about it since. Would still be nice to sort though I guess 

Daniel131
Tourist
5 0 1

I think we need to summon expert using the seven dr*gon b*lls to fix this issue. Lmao @Henrybags 

Do someone has some others solutions? 
Hire a expert is a bit too expensive '==
But if don't have another solution i will just hire a Expert using..... dr*gon b*lls.

simone83
Tourist
11 1 4

Well, if you understand what the PageSpeed Tool from Google is telling you then you can fix it by yourself, I guess. And if not then you need an Expert. 😄

Google has links to all points and explain them in detail. But it's very technical.

The biggest problem is the Javascript Code. Either the Code of your theme is very very very inefficient (because theme developer didn't know what he did). And if it is a standard theme then this might happened because of custom modifications. Or if no one touched the theme code and it's a Shopify standard theme then you have too many Apps installed. Every App costs performance/speed if it changes something visible for customers (easily speaking).

Try removing all apps you really don't need for boosting your sales.

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Daniel131 

I ran your homepage through the Shopify Analyzer (a free tool our team built for the Shopify community). You can check out your report at https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fxetsln6p7

The main issue looks to be your reviews app (Ali Reviews). It's causing a few image issues (hidden images, oversized images, images that can be compressed). Unfortunately, since it's a 3rd party app there's likely nothing that can be done on your end. It's just a trade-off you'll have to make for having the app installed.

I have to agree with what @Henrybags mentioned about most successful sites not scoring well using Google's Page Speed Insights tool. We actually have a detailed article that talks more about why we don't think it's the best tool to analyze Shopify sites: The Truth About Google PageSpeed Insights for Shopify

Beyond that, your site seems to perform pretty well when actually navigating through it so I wouldn't worry too much about your PSI score.

Daniel131
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi @JohnCodes

Thank you for helping me^^
I'm very grateful that you guys can help me with this issue. 
@JohnCodes @simone83 @Henrybags 
I will take all of you guys' answers into considerations.
                      ( I don't know what I needed to consider tho, But it looks a lot professional so I will put it as it is. Lmao )

Kavia11
Explorer
40 0 19

Hi @JohnCodes 

Would the same apply to my store. It seems that the speed has gradually reduced and I am kinda worried that it will affect the performance of the site.

Appreciate your insight on this.

-Kavi

Daniel131
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi @JohnCodes (●︿●)

Please help @Kavia11, Because we are the same ໒( •́ ∧ •̀ )७ ( ≧Д≦)

*:;,。・★Thanks(◎≧v≦)人(≧v≦●)Thanks☆・:.,;*
-Daniel ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨  

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @Kavia11 

Sorry for the delayed response.

While every theme can have different optimization opportunities, I recommend throwing your store URL into the Shopify Analyzer to identify any actions you can take.

Based on your results from the Shopify Analyzer, I'd recommend checking out our in-depth optimization guide: How to Optimize a Shopify Site: Complete Guide to Faster Load Speed. It can help walk you through some common website optimizations.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions or want to send me your store URL, I can do a more detailed analysis.

Thanks!

Angelfab
Excursionist
36 1 14

While I'm everything but a tech guy, I'd like to share my thoughts and small experience.

Speed is very important but it's not the main goal you should pursue

For a while my site speed was around 25 and like you, it was a big concern and I was looking everywhere to get faster.
Nevertheless I was selling ok. Recently I have improved my speed to >50 (when my theme was given an update), but I sell less...

I don't mean that because it's faster I sell less, just to say that it didn't make me sell more.

Hence your main goal is to have purchases not to be the fastest.

Check your competitor to see how you compare with their speed.
The speed thing should really come to be a target when you'll have a great volume of sales and when adding 1% more will be really significant.

Check you apps to see if you use them all and if they are all relevant/useful as they may slow down your site.
But if one is a real addition but slows down your site, take the time to consider if the benefits it brings outweighs the speed loss.
If it's tight, check if you can find another app doing the same with a lesser impact on your speed.

Also check if your speed score is really representing both of your desktop and mobile speed, or if (like it was for me) more the result of a bad speed of your mobile version rather than desktop.

Then you'll be able to focus more on optimizing the mobile one and might not disrupt the desktop one which could be working very well as it is.

Daniel131
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi @Angelfab,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Yes, you're right, Speed is not the most important things to pursue,
thanks to you guys that I understand this Important things.

You're right, that my main goal needs to have purchases first,
but I'm really sucks at marketing haha, now I'm learning whatever that I can learn. ໒( •́ ∧ •̀ )७

@Angelfab  @JohnCodes  @Henrybags  @simone83  (* > ω・)ノThanks!

~Daniel ( ◑ω◑☞)☞