Skincare Store - Speed score at 16, Please help

PavD
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Guys,

I have a skincare store which is scoring 16 out of 100 on Page Speed Insights. Most Issues are on Mobile but PC is also affected. I feel like the slow response speed is significantly impairing my conversion rate. 

The website is: https://caribskinshop.com/

My core web vitals with Google Search Console are showing as Poor with CLS Issue: More than 0.25 and LCP Issue: Longer than 4s. The main opportunities to speed up the site according to Page Speed Insights are:

• Remove Unused JavaScript
  • Remove Unused CSS
  • Eliminate Render Blocking Resources

Can someone please do an audit of my site and explain what exactly needs to be done to bring my website up to speed and to fix these issues. I am looking to have this done as soon as possible. 

I am attaching screen shots with the errors. 

Page Speed InsightsPage Speed InsightsGoogle Search ConsoleGoogle Search Console

Replies 2 (2)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

I'd start by removing the apps you don't really need.

For instance

you're loading ReCaptcha on every page for no reason.

You're also loading Facebook & twitter assets on all pages do you really need those? (These appears are loaded by your WhatsApp contact app)

I'll also make sure to load Stamped assets only where needed not on all pages.

but yeah, your low PageSpeed score is mostly because of the badly designed apps you've installed.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

@PavD I'd have to agree with the points made by @OpenThinking regarding the apps you're using. While apps are pretty essential to successful Shopify stores, Google's tools don't like them very much. We recommend uninstalling any unneeded apps, but we don't recommend uninstalling valuable apps to your store.

We've optimized over 1,000 Shopify sites and hardly any of them score well on Google Page Speed Insights, mostly due to the use of apps. We've actually even found in some cases that applying certain Page Speed Insights recommendations negatively impacted overall performance. We have an article that goes more in-depth on our reasoning behind why we don't like to use Google Page Speed Insights as a reliable performance tool for Shopify: The Truth About Google PSI For Shopify. We think it's a great tool for general websites, but not the best when it comes to Shopify.

Beyond apps, I ran your home page through our Shopify Analyzer (a free tool we built for the Shopify community) and it looks like you could really benefit from the use of lazy loading. Here's a link to your full report if you'd like to check it out: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fx961xhd5l

Lazy loading waits until an image comes into a user's view before loading it. This way you aren't waiting for every single image on a page to load at the same time. This can really help with performance if you have a page with a lot of images.

I hope this info was helpful. If you'd like any optimization help, please feel free to reach out to our team at speedboostr.com/contact.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)