Store speed fluctuations

Takhara
Excursionist
47 1 10

Hi

I understand that store speed can change & vary from providers. However, is it normal for store speed to go up 8 points in 3 days & then immediately down again? This has been happening for a few weeks now. This is despite the fact that no changes have been made, no additions to my store. What could be causing this strange up and down speed? Thanks

https://bajalondon.co.uk/

Thanks

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1302 118 337

This will depend on the tool you're using. It's normal if you're referencing Google PageSpeed Insights, or the Shopify speed tool which uses the same engine. What you get is an emulated estimate of the score, not an actual load speed measurement.

Worth noting that with any tool the actual load speed will vary every time you run a site, because load speed depends on the time it takes to load every resource on a page. The load of each resource depends on location + the current bandwidth of the server that is loading up the asset.

If you didn't change anything on your site, then a fluctuation is nothing to worry about.

The tools we (Shopify optimization team) use most often are:

Shopify Analyzer to identify potential optimization issues on Shopify sites.

- webpagetest.org to measure speed and use for benchmarking. For example, if you're going to install a store facing app and want to know how it affects speed, you can run this test before and after installing it to see the difference in page weight, file requests, and load time.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
Syed_Mustafa
Shopify Partner
295 6 22

Hi @Takhara A one-second delay in page load time yields:

11% fewer page views
16% decrease in customer satisfaction
7% loss in conversions
A few extra seconds could have a huge impact on your ability to engage visitors and make sales.

This means that having a fast site is essential not just for just google ranking but for keeping your bottom line profits high.

How to speed up your website in 2021
Minimize HTTP requests.
Minify and combine files.
Use asynchronous loading for CSS and JavaScript files.
Defer JavaScript loading.
Minimize time to first byte.
Reduce server response time.
Choose the right hosting option for your needs.
Run a compression audit. and so on.

Increase page scores to 80+ (mobile)
Increase page scores to 90+ (desktop)
Optimize front/back end
Remove unused JavaScript
Eliminate render-blocking resources
Defer offscreen images
Remove unused CSS
Lazy load pages

If interested please feel free to let me know so I can optimize your website professionally. Thanks and Best Regards 

baja London.PNG

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need custom changes on the store or want a complete speed optimization? Hire me.
Need a dropshipping expert or wants to alive your dead dropshipping store?
Feel free to contact me at Syedmustafanadeem99@gmail.com
0 Likes