Stores speed help please!

rayn
Tourist
9 0 2

Please I'm really struggling with managing my stores speed. 

At the minute its at an all time low with '24'. 

I have added several apps in the past and removed them, I only have 3 apps at the moment.

I know i need to remove stuff from the codes of the store but I'm not educated in that area so I'm really struggling 

stores link: twosins.com 

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Hi @rayn,

The big issue on your site, is there is a script making requests your /cart.js file every second, which is terrible for performance (see screenshot below).

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 18.15.38.png

It's coming from this script https://script.live.lit.cash//index.js?shop=twosins.myshopify.com. Do you know which app added this script? If you do, i'd recommend removing the app asap.

Feel free to reach out and we can do this for you, if you like.

Best,

eStoreSpeedOptimization

0 Likes
rayn
Tourist
9 0 2

Okay i have removed sed app, and ive re uploaded compressed/smaller sized pictures to hopefully let that increase performance.

I have very little knowledge about coding and im aware some apps add coding and they still stay even if you delete the app and this is something im worried about.

0 Likes
rayn
Tourist
9 0 2

It is also clear i still have a 'scss' file and not 'css' ? how would i do that for performance?

0 Likes
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
106 9 57

Hi @rayn 

I've navigated through your site, and it's very clean and performant. That's awesome!

It's also great that you've deleted any apps you no longer need. These can definitely have a big impact on performance. I know you mentioned that you're aware app code may be left behind in your theme, but you aren't comfortable enough to go through your code. That's perfectly understandable and a smart move.

Feel free to reach out to our optimization team at speedboostr.com/contact if you'd like us to take a look.

Beyond that, I wouldn't correlate your Shopify Speed or Page Speed Insights (PSI) scores directly to page speed. It's kind of misleading, but many other factors go into these scores beyond raw page speed and loading times. You actually have a pretty decent score. The average Shopify Speed Scores we come across range between 15-30. So you're towards the top end of that average.

Here are a few articles we wrote that talk about the relation between Shopify's Speed Score/PSI and your Shopify website:

In short, since your site is performing well and there isn't much that can be done, I wouldn't strip any necessary apps/functionality from your site just to try and chase a higher score.

I hope this was helpful!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)
0 Likes

Hi @rayn,

Nice job on removing the app! I can see https://script.live.lit.cash//index.js?shop=twosins.myshopify.com is removed from your your pages and requests for /cart.js are no longer occurring.

Also on PSI your scoring 98 on desktop and 81 on mobile, which is very good! Is it the same on your Shopify store? Keep in mind it does take a little while for the Shopify speed score to update.

Regarding changing .scss to .css, there is a performance benefit but not major. Also depending on the way you setup the scss file changing it to css could require some modification. I think your next priority should be optimising your images, your product page image files are quite big  is 244KB = https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0555/7069/4335/products/tee-model-shots-black_1024x1024.jpg?v=1623235541

Feel free to reach out!

Best,

eStoreSpeedOptimization

0 Likes
Asif3
Shopify Expert
6 0 1

Hi
I can boost any store speed to 80+ for mobiles and 90+ for the desktop at Google page speed insights and can get you an A grade at GTmetrix. I have proven my skills, just check the reports below.
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/organichemp.com/UBBjNx16/

mobile.pngdesktop.png

What's app contact details: +923369940553
Email: ali.asif55@gmail.com

Asif
0 Likes
selina10261
Explorer
49 0 1

Have you solved this problem now?

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing most informative post..Looking forward