White screen for a few seconds on first load

Solved
Adde9400
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello!

My problem is the following:

When i enter a incognito window in google chrome and navigate to my website www.fitnesspower.se. Then i get like a 3-4 sec white screen before the page loads, it seems like this issue does not happen when doing the same on mozilla firefox. It is very strange. I would love to get some help with this.

111.png

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Hi there,

I am seeing the same problem with other browsers.

It is a problem with the theme that your store is using, as you can see by checking the theme demo here: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/prestige/styles/allure/preview

There might be settings for your theme, try asking for Shopify Support from the theme developer here: https://maestrooo.com/

Let me know how you get on.

Steven

0 Likes
Adde9400
Tourist
12 0 1

Thanks for your reply. I talked with shopify support yesterday so they helped me Email The theme developer. But my past experience is that it takes a while to get an answer from them, and I think this issue affects my conversion rate negatively. 

Are you able to have a look in my theme if you can find something obvious? 

0 Likes

I could look quickly. Please do not post login credentials here in this post though.

You can provide collaborator access to my Shopify Partner email via PM.

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Try that now.

You just needed to turn off page transition in theme settings.

Let me know if that has solved your problem.

Steven

0 Likes
Adde9400
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello again! 

It seems like that fixed the issue also it seems like changing page is faster now. Thanks alot. Is there any negative effect by turning page transitions off?

0 Likes

None at all. It is just a visual effect, so it is optional.

0 Likes
Adde9400
Tourist
12 0 1

Okey, that is good. Any idea why this page transition causes this white screen? I have always had it turned on, but never had issue with this white screen. Maybe that is a question for the theme developer.

0 Likes

That is indeed a creative decision by the theme developer. It is good at least that they have provided a means to opt out of it.

If you could mark your post as solved, that would be much appreciated.

Steven

0 Likes