1st sale - how do I get paid

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone, very new here!!  I just had my first sale and the payment has been accepted.  How do I receive that payment into my bank account?  Do I have to initiate the transfer or is it automatic?  When should it appear?  Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm not a shopify customer but if you were asked for banking information when you setup your account you should see a deposit in a few days. Keep in mind most services will not release your funds until you ship / fulfill he product.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm not a shopify customer but if you were asked for banking information when you setup your account you should see a deposit in a few days. Some providers will keep your funds up to 30 days Amazon is one of them. This information should be in the TOS you signed. Keep in mind most services will not release your funds until you ship / fulfill he product.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
210 1 23

Hey Julie, 

Jamie here from Shopify. Congrats on your first sale! 

That will depend a bit on the payment gateway you are currently using. If you are using Shopify payments, you have already given us your bank details, and we will post your payout automatically within 3 days for the US and 7 days for Canada/UK. You can monitor this from your admin > settings > payments > view payouts. Keep in mind this may not show up there until you are closer to the payout date. 

https://docs.shopify.com/manual/more/shopify-payments/using-shopify-payments#your-payouts

Other gateways will have different payout periods/processes depending on your arrangement with them. 

I hope that helps! 

Jamie | support@shopify.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 23

Hey there Julie!

Genevieve from Shopify here - congrats on your first sale! 

How you'll be paid for this depends on the payment gateway used for the order. You can check which gateway the customer used by open the specific order, scrolling down to the Order History, and clicking on the "Successfully processed a payment..." note. 

If you're using Shopify Payments, you'll see the below card on your Settings>Payments page in your admin. To check what bank account orders processed through Shopify Payments will be paid into, click 'Edit'. You can see and edit your payout and notification settings here :) 

The 'View Payouts' option allows you to review past and upcoming payouts for orders processed through Shopify Payments. Your first payout will take at least 7 days to go through, as there are a few things our Underwriting team needs to check for new accounts. After that, in the US, payouts are sent 3 days after the order is processed. You can find more details on how Shopify Payments works here: 
https://docs.shopify.com/manual/more/shopify-payments/using-shopify-payments ;

If you have another payment gateway enabled, the account into which the funds are paid will also be listed in its settings, which you can access by clicking 'Edit' under the gateway in your admin's Settings>Payments page. For third-party gateways, you will find details of past and future payouts in your account on their website. 

Hope that helps! 

Genevieve S.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
132 0 23

Woops! We're just too excited about your sale Julie :D 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

I just had my first day. Should I dispatch the order or wait till the payment comes to me 

2 Likes