3rd Party Payment Gateway Integration

Highlighted
4 0 0

Dear Gurus,

I already have a 3rd party payment gateway with my Bank (www.mcb.com.pk), it requires the user to be redirected to their payment gateway page where user provides their credit card information, and upon successful transaction it will redirect the user back to the ecommerce store.

How can I setup the above with Shopify stores?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciable.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3069 230 499

Hi Raheel, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Other than using the payment gateways Shopify has partnered with in Pakistan you can build your own Hosted Payment SDK to integrate your hosted payment page with Shopify's checkout. All hosted payment SDK's would use a re-direct on the final payment step of the Shopify checkout which you mentioned. Shopify has more information on setting up your own payment gateway here as well as the request form you will need to complete to set up the gateway here

I hope this helps and answers your question. Please don't hesitate to reach out or reply here should you have any other questions. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Dear Nick,

Thank you for the guidance. Actually I dont want to build my own payment gateway (if I am understanding your reply correctly). Let me talk to my bank and get further technical details, as far as I know till this point, once I signup with my bank, they will provide their payment gateway facility which I need to use with Shopify. They expect Shopify to full redirect the user to their URL with request parameters (where user will enter their credit card details), upon submission, bank will perform the transaction and return the user back to Shopify thank you or error page (depending on the transaction success or failure).

I hope I will be able to setup this with my Shopify shop as I really would like to use Shopify for setting up my business, your help in this regard will be highly appreciable.

Thanks

Raheel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9871 99 1707

Unless the bank has an existing integration with Shopify you won't be able to use the one they provide. 

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3069 230 499

Hi Raheel,

Thanks for getting back to me. To follow up further from Jason's reply, it would not be possible to add your bank unless they already have an existing integration with Shopify such as the partnered payment gateways with the country you are in. Other than that, building your own Hosted Payment SDK to integrate your hosted payment page would be the only possible way to do this. 

Hopefully, this helps clarify this further for you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you, let me grab more information from the bank with specific technical details, I will get back to you in next few weeks.

Raheel

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Nick,

This Website (https://elan.pk/) uses Shopify and has the same bank(mcb.com.pk) as there payment provider and uses a redirect to MCB website. Is it possible for other customer in Pakistan to use same method if you can identify that?

0 Likes