A client tried to make a purchase but it says "Unable to process payment"

Highlighted
4 0 0

What can I do? "Unable to process a payment for $21.99 USD on the Visa ending in 4471"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
963 80 106

Hi @alba715,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

I have a few questions here I'd like to ask in order to gather some more context and resolve this with you as soon as possible. What is the name of the gateway you are using? Does the error appear within an orders history, or did this appear at the checkout for the customer/client? Would you be able to share a screenshot of the error? Finally, has this happened to any other customer?

If you click into the Settings > Payment Providers section of your admin, can you double-check that your payment gateway is not in "test mode" and that it's fully active? 

Thanks a mill, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
A similiar situation happened to me, and all my other orders go directly to my paypal, but for this one it says the it won’t until 10/16.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
963 80 106

Hi @Blazotheplug,

Thanks for letting me know! Was the 10/6 order placed through Paypal as well, or was a different payment gateway provider used? If it's through Paypal, this can happen from time to time if the customer paid for the order using an e-check. It just takes Paypal a few extra days to verify before they can release the funds to your account. More information can be found here, however, Paypal's customer support would be able to double-check this for you as well. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

All the best,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have a similar problem. When I check 'abandoned checkouts' I see that just a few orders have the status of the email as 'Not Sent' - This happens when a person tries to pay with a credit card and it's Unable to process the transaction. The first mistake here is that Shopify does not send a Cart recovery email for those cases - It should be MY decision, right? 

An example:

Untitled-2.jpg

On some orders, I see a person trying 3 times the same credit card until it is accepted. Now, why this is happening so often? What's wrong with Shopify's payment gateway? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 37 114

Hey @Artoramashop!

I've just replied to you here on this post if you wanted to take a look? Apologies for the delayed response here!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify

0 Likes