A way to stop a purchase according to the shipping country & currency ?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi ! 
My shop ships worlwide and display 4 currencies and 3 languages. 

I would like to limit the purchase in X currency to ship to X counrty. Not easy to explain. 

I'm based in Brazil, so my prices in Brazilian Real are lower than in Euros or Dollars  -  because the shipping costs are included, and international shipping is more expensive. 

So, basically I would like to prevent people from Europe or US to buy in the Brazilian currency. Maybe adding a code line saying "when the country destination is out of Brazil = don't sell in Brazilian currency " :) 

I'll be grateful for any help or idea of how to to manage this !

Julie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 5

Hi Julie - our gateway does not integrate with Shopify so I cannot help you out directly with our gateway. However, I have an idea I think might work depending on which gateway you use. If your gateway has its own fraud scrubbing program it should allow you to block orders from certain countries. If you have each of your currencies set up as a separate "processor instance" in your gateway, you could use your fraud program to block certain countries specifically to each processor (currency).

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi ! Thank you for your answer! 
I'm so new at this ... by "gateway", you mean payment platform? 
You're right, I'm using PagSeguro to receive Brazilian orders, and PayPal for the rest of the world. 

Your solution, if I understood it, is to block payment from oustide in PagSeguro, and Brazilian payment in PayPal. Am I right ?? 
Not sure I know how to use the fraud program. But I'm going to do some research ! 

Thank you for your precious message! 

Julie

0 Likes