ANY PAYMENT PORTALS THAT ACCEPT VITAMIN / SUPPLEMENT WEBSITE?

Ricardo3
1 0 0

We used shopify payments for years without any issues but they then decided to dump any websites that sell vitamins/supplements because they fall into the category of "pseudo-pharmaceuticals".  We switched to Stripe for a while and then they hit us up with pretty much the same message....nice of them to give us a two week notice before they shut that off.  So now I'm back to using paypal as the way to process credit cards.  It's a little hokey because people are clearly looking for a straight forward credit card processing option but have to be guided with "just select paypal and you'll see an option for credit card (no account needed)."  It's not great but it works I guess for now.  

I'd really like to add in a credit card portal that will accept our business.  Shopfiy has a ton of them and I've tried adding a couple and inevitably something goes wrong so I'm looking for 2 different things.

1.  Does anyone know a payment portal that will 100% accept a vitamin/supplement webstie?

2.  Does paypal offer a separate payment portal which flat out skips the whole login pop up window which bolts right onto shopify much like all the other credit card processors so you don't have to go off-site.  How does that not exists?  It's so weird that I have to make my customers go to a log in PayPal page just so they don't log in and simplly use credit card checkout option on that same page.  So I could have the option of PayPal (regular same old as is) and Credit Card (which would use paypal to process it but in the background just like any of the other payment portals.  When you use stripe...it doesn't taek you to Stripe.com...it all happens right there in the shopify checkout theme.  I want a Paypal version of that....if it doesn't....can it be built?

0 Likes
Kevin_W
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
53 0 4

Hi Ricardo,

Kevin here - a Shopify Guru :)

You should have no issues selling vitamins through Authorize.net but you will need to check with them to make sure as there can be more than one factor when it comes to approval from a payment gateway when it comes to integrating and working with them. There may also be other suitable gateways depending on your location and what's available there.

Regarding the Paypal checkout process - the Paypal button can be moved between the cart page and the checkout. With PayPal Express, the default is set to ask customers to login into PayPal (or create a PayPal Account). If you don't want this to be the first thing customers see, we have a helpful guide on changing that here - https://help.shopify.com/manual/payments/paypal/let-customers-pay-without-account.

One thing to keep in mind though is that in some countries, even with a Business account, PayPal will require your customers to pay using a PayPal account. To confirm this, please contact your local PayPal support team.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Kevin | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Supplements_CBD
1 0 0

Kevin,

Stripe, Square, and PayPal are in the process of dumping supplement and nutrition businesses as well. Ricardo will still need a merchant account to connect to Authorize.net since it's just the payment gateway.  EcommStarter.com offers free ecommerce consulting and can help Shopify clients with the merchant account, Authorize.net, or another payment gateway. 

0 Likes
Johacarolina
1 0 0

authorize.net is not only a gateway, they also have a merchant account. It depends if you qualify.

0 Likes