APO/FPO Shipping Errors - Can't Generate Label

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

Hello!

I have been struggling with this since we launched in June 2019, and I've finally hit my breaking point.

We ship to the entire USA, and that includes military addresses.  Shipping is free across the board.

No matter what I try, I can NOT get Shopify to print shipping labels for these military addresses.  I end up copying/pasting the address into a 3rd party software, and the label spits out without issue.

When I enter the customs info, and the package weight, I get rates from USPS.  When I click "Buy Shipping", I get a red error that states "The address you're shipping to could not be verified".

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Ryan

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also just started having this issue. A customer of mine is on his 17th order, without a change of address ever, and Shopify will no longer accept his address to create a label. It keeps saying the address could not be verified, despite also being able to get rates. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Honestly I could never get the military addresses working on Shopify like ever...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Did you ever get this resolved. I just ran into this problem and the FPO address I’m sending to I’ve sent some before 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

I am also experiencing this issue. Seems like our issues stemmed around March-April time frame because we too have overseas customers who have purchased dozens of times and all of a sudden their addresses cannot be verified. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Nope Shopify gave a random excuses for days untill I used shippo to just buy a label. Which is 3x the price of Shopify’s. They kinda just stopped replying as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I just downloaded the shippo app and I was able buy a label through them but it’s more expensive. I just ate the cost. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Change the Address 1 to "FPO" only. And put the other details into other boxes. I usually find this works best. 

0 Likes