Ability to define a shipping category for new products (not general shipping)

Highlighted
Excursionist
26 1 3

I'm using the Supply template, but as far as I understand it, any new product I add to the system automatically goes into general shipping.  I then have to move it to my calculated rate shipping manually via Shipping settings > Manage shipping profile > Calculated Rate > Manage Products > Edit Profile Items > search an item # > check box the item > select done > save.

There seems to be no way to delete general shipping, which I don't use for anything, or define my new items to automatically use the calculated rate shipping.  There also seems to be no way to search within calculated rate for all items in general shipping and add them all at once.  

There has to be a better way - I'm not adding one or two items to my store - I'm adding 100s.  And every item has to be searched and added to calculated rate??!?? 

I'm not interested in any apps - my shipping works perfectly well except for this one issue that I'm hoping Shopify can assist me with.

Thanks, Char

www.drmower.ca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 1 3

Hey anyone have any suggestions?  Just spent another hour or so moving parts into my calculated ship rate...

0 Likes