Able to edit payment method retroactively?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I would like to know if I can retroactively change the payment method on an order. i.e. Change a debit card purchase order to a credit card purchase.

We are using the Shopify POS system at our store's physical location.  Sometimes, one of our staff will punch in the wrong payment method at the cash, for example saying it was a credit card purchase when in fact it was a debit purchase, or VISA vs Mastercard.  This becomes a problem for our bookkeeper as there are material differences between payment types when reconciling at the end of each period.

Looking at the Orders screen, it does not seem possible for us to edit the payment method on an order.  Is this true? Can I not retroactively change the payment method?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 27

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the question.

That's not possible in Shopify right now but something we are looking to add in the future. The best solution for now is to just make a note in your order export. 

0 Likes
2 0 1

I'm really surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. We have just started using the POS and staff will sometimes accidentally hit the wrong payment method button - it happens, it's human error, but it's ridiculous that it can't be fixed. This will be a massive problem for us in terms of accountancy. Can anyone from shopify  let me know if  this issue is ever going to be addressed?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 4

Dear Shopify,

Any new update to fix this issue about wrongly press the payment method?
Or able to edit from shopify admin page?

Thank you for the reply.

0 Likes