Why is my Shopify Payments account on hold and what does it mean for my transactions?

Naomikaine1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello!

I'M in the process of launching my store however, every time i log in there is a message about: ''Your Shopify Payments account is on hold''. I don't know how this could affect my transactions please help. I never received an email back from support is there someone I can speak to over the phone?

Replies 3 (3)

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Hey, @Naomikaine1 

Eunice here from Shopify. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Congratulations on your new store, how's it coming along? Before you launch, I recommend looking at the Shopify store launch checklist to ensure you've got everything covered.

I'm sorry to hear your payment account is on hold. Have you received any emails from our team regarding this? It could be a standard review, but it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit Shopify Support and log in to your account to create a support request.

Cheers!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Naomikaine1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Eunice I'm logged in I'm not able to find that platform for direct chat email or calls. It sending me back to this page and a bunch of topics. I didn't received an email from support although I did emailed them and they've asked me to come post here.

I just some help.

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Thanks for your reply @Naomikaine1 

I'm sorry you've been sent to the Community from Shopify Support. As mentioned, we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time. 

I recommend getting in touch with Shopify Support via chat, or by requesting a call back so you can speak with someone. Please check out this video for a quick tutorial on how to reach these options once you are logged in.

Once you're in touch with a Support Advisor they'll be able to look at your account, once authenticated, and let you know either why your payments are on hold, and/or the next steps.

Hope this helps.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.