Account on hold and can no longer accept orders with shopify payments

oreoking55
1 0 0

So my account has been placed on hold and I can no longer accept orders with shopify payments. I am a new store, havent even made a single sale yet, now I got an email stating the reason is because I was selling maybe a dozen or so cbd products, my stores niche is not cbd products but they told me they automatically disabled shopify payments from my account and to switch gateways. I contacted support and they told me if I removed the items than I could get back with shopify payments so I did however my account is still on hold and my customers still won't be able to order through shopify payments, I really don't want to switch payment gateways for a product that I don't even have on my store and I've been getting zero response from shopify, trying this as my last resort.

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
858 71 208

Hi, @oreoking55!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I can definitely appreciate the stress that comes with having your Shopify Payments account on hold. Typically, our Shopify Payments team will reach out via email when this occurs.

To get the fastest response, you'll just need to respond to that email directly and let the Shopify Payments team know that you have removed the CBD products. Keep in mind that the turnaround times for our escalated teams are higher than usual lately, so it may take at least a few days to receive a response. Don't worry — they haven't forgotten about you!

Since our general Support team is unable to make determinations or changes to your Shopify Payments account, reaching out to the Shopify Payments team directly is the best course of action.

In the meantime, it may be worth using a third-party gateway as an alternative to Shopify Payments so you can start selling as soon as possible. The email you received should also have provided a few recommendations for third-party payment gateways that support the sale of CBD products, so feel free to explore those options. 

I appreciate your cooperation on this and I hope this helps clear things up! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes