Account put on hold

Highlighted
1 0 0

I had my account put on hold after 2nd sale and 1st was sent back from my bank they was supposed to send it back I sent customers orders and didn’t get paid cAuse Shopify is holding my money I wish I never use this!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

Hi, @Kelzbeautyllc

That sounds like a frustrating situation to be in. Without looking into the account, I can't provide insight into why the hold was placed, so I've shipped you an email to get this reviewed. If you can follow up there, I can get the ball rolling on helping to get this resolved. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Please can you help, I have sent an email to support my account is being reviewed and payments on hold, ive had an account with you guys for years and years this has never happened before, please can this be sorted out as soon as possible, I dont want to remove this as a payment option for my customers but cannot purchase more inventory when you are holding my payments!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

@Reen23 

To provide some context, our banking partners and Payments team conduct regular reviews for businesses that use Shopify Payments. If an account has been placed on hold, then it typically means that our teams will need further information before payments can resume. In most cases, you should see a banner in your admin requesting documentation. Though, depending on the situation, it may require an escalation. For this reason, I have sent an email titled "Shopify Forums Support" so that I can verify the account and review this further. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you

Shabby-nooky.myshopify.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

@Reen23 

To verify your account, I will need you to reply to the email as I can not assist with this question through a public forum.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
I’m having the same issue. I was contacted by shopify capital department and we came to a new payment agreement.
However my funds are still on hold. I have emailed them twice now asking when the hold would be lifted since we have come to an agreement and no answer. I also have emailed shopify support and no answer. This is very frustrating for me because I have the loan that needs to be paid plus other business expenses and my funds are being held even though I resolved the issue they had. We are in California and my online store is now my only income with everything being shut down.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

Hi, @Ashleyg

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Shopify Payments account. When money is on the line, it can be quite impactful, especially during these difficult times. Our Captial team has a turn around time of 1-3 business days, which may be the reason behind the delay as Friday was a holiday. Also, our email support has a typical turn around time of 48-72 hours, depending on our current ticket load. For immediate assistance in the future, I would recommend contacting us via phone, chat, or through social media on Twitter or Facebook.

Given the sensitive nature of the situation, our general support is unable to provide support on these topics but can reach out to whomever you have been speaking with from our Captial team. I can not speak to your ticket here in a public forum, but I can verify the account to have this reviewed. I've sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support." If you can reply to that email with the requested information, then we can get the ball rolling on finding a solution. 

Chat soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Peter, 

My account will be put on hold as of tomorrow because Shopify Payments will not accept my VAT number. The number is definitely valid and the site will not accept it. Can something please be done about this so that business can carry on as usual. 

Many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

@palmer123 

I've sent you an email title Shopify Forum Support. I will need you to reply to the email to continue the request. 

0 Likes