Activate your Stripe account

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, i just finished setting up my store and am just lacking in the payment gateway to be able to advertise and make sales. However stripe keeps declining us with

" Unfortunately, your business can't use Stripe because it doesn't meet our Terms of Service. If you think this may be a mistake, please  contact us."

But when do contact them, all I get is an e-mail saying:

"Unfortunately, we are reaching out with some bad news. After reviewing your information and website your business presents a level of risk for customer disputes that we will be unable to support. Due to the high level of risk on your account, we are ending service effective immediately.

We're sorry we won't be able to help with your business, and we wish you the best of luck as you switch to a different payment provider."

In short i don't get any useful information on why I'm being blocked and would like to ask if there is any obvious reason that i might be missing. And please don´t respond with ask stripe as I have tried and they wont answer. Also anyone having has another payment gateway in mind? I have also been rejected from 2checkout, and many others either have a monthly fee or require 1000 monthly transactions or 100,000$ transactions per month, that i can't fulfill.

Here's a link to my store: www.firewardstore.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
153 22 31

Hi, @RPAULO

That sounds like a frustrating situation. I can certainly understand where you're coming from. Typically when we see this type of rejection with our own payment gateway Shopify Payments, it's because the product or shop poses a high risk of receiving chargebacks. While I can't say what the specific case is with Stripe, there are often multiple layers as to why businesses are rejected from using payment gateways. Stripe actually released some information about this a few years back which you can find here. It has some interesting information in regards to why businesses are rejected. There is a lot of regulation and restriction that takes place in the world of credit card processing and Stripe is simply abiding by the laws with which they must operate.

Did 2Checkout provide you with any additional information which might help you determine what could be causing this? Also, what country are you operating out of? I'd love to provide you with some more payment options for businesses in your country.

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello. Im having the same problems with payment methods myself. Since in my country shopify payments are not supported and also stripe I could not find any better alternatives and tired to use my credit card in UK. I created a stripe account and got rejected with the same message as above. So aside form paypal I cant accept anything else. Can you please help me and suggest some payment options for my country? My store address is in Bulgaria and the only available third party options are as follows : 2checkout (tried but didn't work), Authorize.net(not sure if I can since I use dropshipping and don't have vat numbers and company number witch is required), checkout.com, Credit card mobile (Tried but they also require vat number and have the money after delivery policy), EmerchentBroker(EMB), Oceanpayment, Realex payment(offsite).  That's all and I've tried the recommended for dropshipping on google the rest I dindt but if you any experience or could help me in any way please do. Thank you in advance. 
Here is a link to my store : healthbarplus.com (I don't have home page ready so just skip home on menu).

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I have the same problem. After I submit all details of my registered company I received right away any emal from stripes where they rejected my application (Unfortunately, we are reaching out with some bad news. After reviewing your information and website your business presents a level of risk for customer disputes that we will be unable to support. Due to the high level of risk on your account, we are ending service effective immediately.).

I asked for more details and the answer was:

Stripe is required by law to complete what's called a KYC (Know Your Customer) survey for every business that signs up with us, regardless of how many transactions they've processed. This involves completing in depth reviews of every single business, including what you're selling, how you intend to sell it, your own description of your products and services, your website, and other details. We use all of this information to determine how risky a business is. We also have strict policies that dictate the exact level of risk for future disputes we're allowed to support.

During a standard review of your account and business, we came to the realization that your likelihood for future chargebacks exceeds the rate we're able to support based on those regulations. I'm afraid we can't offer much in the way of specifics regarding our review process for the sake of security, but please rest assured that we did a thorough review of your business and tried our hardest to continue working with you. 

How they can know my business and the risk? This is just a standard reply for I don´t want to deal with you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Were you guys able to solve this? I have the same problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
No, Stripe doesn´t want to give more details. There is no way that Stripe
will accept your store.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

oh,me too..... and no reply any more.. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Ohh! where is the reply? im facing the same problem!

my site : windowsbilly.com 

0 Likes