Add Apple Pay to Shopify Checkout

spbp
Tourist
5 0 1

My store (shopnowbuycheap.com) supports Apple Pay and it works properly on the individual product pages, but I would like to add the ability to use a Discount code in conjunction with Apple Pay. This would require Apple pay to appear during Shopify checkout which it currently does not. How can I add this functionality?

Replies 2 (2)

ryanpwaldon
Explorer
52 6 13

Hey @spbp!

I found this on the Shopify help site. Not sure if this is causing your specific problem, but might be worth looking into!

To see the Apple Pay button in your checkout, you must be using Safari on iOS 12.1 or macOS 10.14.1. If you are using the latest version of Safari and the button still doesn't appear, then make sure you meet all the requirements for using Apple Pay.

Here's the link for more info.

Hope this helps!

spbp
Tourist
5 0 1

My test devices meet the OS requirements and my site (shopnowbuycheap.com) meets the Apple Pay requirements -- I am able to see Apple Pay on the individual item pages, just not during Shopify checkout. Is this Apple Pay request even supported on Shopify? Does anyone have an example of a store that can process a discount code a long with Apple Pay?